UFC Fight Night 128 - Most Impressive performance of the night?

UFC Fight Night 128 : Who was the standout fighter?

• Total voters

Arm Barbarian

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Some fun fights on this card.

Branch KTFOing Santos after getting his leg chewed up was nuts

FlamboyantInbornGroundhog-size_restricted.gif

Dan Hookers knee exploding off of Jim Millers face was a jaw-dropper as well.
UnkemptSaltyBettong-size_restricted.gif

Also, Simon coming back with a mounted Guillotine from hell after getting completely dominated was Buck-wild.

uSMDfvw.gif

What performance was the most impressive tonight in your view?

Last edited:
Kevin Lee probably.

Hookers was a great signature performance though

I voted Siyar...I just thought that liver kick to uppercut KO was filthy....in a beautiful way

<mma4>

But Kevin Lee's win was probably most impressive

Lee, Guy was chicken dancing against one of the best strikers and panic wrestled his way back in the fight to victory

Clearly it's Kevin Lee. He beat Barboza better than Khabib did and show cased way more skill in doing so. If he didn't get hit by that kick I doubt we would be able to find a flaw in his performance.

Kevin Lee imo can beat Khabib because his striking is miles ahead of Khabib's.

Hooker and Branch were never in danger that I recall. So, it’s hard for me to vote anybody over them.

Siyar didn’t look great in the first. Lee was an inch from being ktfo. Edgar looked great considering. But even he lost blood. Simon was losing.

Sherman impressed the fuck out of me. If not for getting taken down on that head kick in the second. He could have won that fight. Not the best fight ever. But that dude is tough.

Obviously Lee did really well. But if that had been the first or even second round. He would have lost.

Edited. Oh yeah. I forgot about Branch’s leg.

Lee's the most impressive. Showed will, cardio, and heart too. He beat up Barboza and showed a statement that he should be in the talk for title contention. Would love to see him vs Poirier to see who's the clear cut #1 contender for the title.

Props to Siyar too, he's showing a comeback. The guy's on a 3 fight winning streak from being obscure for years. And finished all those fights.

Dan Hooker, I never expected to see Miller knocked out like that. I was shocked, Miller is so hard to finish even by the best top guys. Great win for Hooker.

Lee. Not been totally convinced by him but that performance made me believe he could be threat to the division

Clearly it's Kevin Lee. He beat Barboza better than Khabib did and show cased way more skill in doing so. If he didn't get hit by that kick I doubt we would be able to find a flaw in his performance.

Kevin Lee imo can beat Khabib because his striking is miles ahead of Khabib's.

What about all those kicks to the Lee's body?

Kevin Lee and its not even a question.

Lee took down Barboza 4 times, passed his guard 11 times, mounted several of times, and beat Barboza for 4 and a half rounds straight to the finish. Barboza has some of the best TDD at LW and Lee did this. Also Lee surprised me with the stand up landing some head kicks, two powerful body kicks, and some crisp combinations. The fact edson landed a clean wheel kick which rocked Lee BAD, and Lee was still able to secure the takedown, survive, and win the round was immensely impressive. Lee demonstrated his wrestling, grappling, striking, cardio, chin, heart, strength, and determination.

Lee did this all to a world class fighter. Barboza is a stud...

Kevin Lee, there's only 3 guys in the world who can do that to Barboza, and he's one of them.

Dan Hooker, I never expected to see Miller knocked out like that. I was shocked, Miller is so hard to finish even by the best top guys. Great win for Hooker.
It's not that shocking to me because Cowboy already put him out cold, and he's lost 4 in a row where he didn't get KTFO, but he got hurt badly. He either needs a drastic step down in competition or he's going to continue to get seriously hurt.

Back