How was the Simon Finish Any Different from WWE?

AllAmericanNightmare

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Seriously, you see it all the time in WWE..ref gets knocked out, another one runs in to count the pin. How was this not the same? Goddard all of a sudden comes out of nowhere and just makes the call? The ref assigned to the fight said the guy didnt go out and the fight was over. How does another ref just get to say naw I was watching on the monitor and he went out? And even IF he did, what is this whole "can't be saved by the bell in MMA" nonsense? Of course you can. Like..what?

That shit was legit cray.

Dude was in a mounted guillotine for like a solid minute, and his kee-keez were flailing all over da place, while his mug turned purple.

He flat-lined at least once or twice there.

Meh, Goddard is the best anyway, i trust his call, also he put Conor in his place before it was cool.

That shit was legit cray.

Dude was in a mounted guillotine for like a solid minute, and his kee-keez were flailing all over da place, while his mug turned purple.

He flat-lined at least once or twice there.

I dont doubt he did, but the ref assigned said he made it. Period. What is this lets gather all the refs around to talk to the commission shit?

I dont doubt he did, but the ref assigned said he made it. Period. What is this lets gather all the refs around to talk to the commission shit?

It was a seriously weird situation that nearly all of us were going

giphy.gif

Dafaq just happened ?

It was a seriously weird situation that nearly all of us were going

giphy.gif

Dafaq just happened ?

It didnt have to be weird. The ref assigned ruled the fight over. Announce the cards and move on. You start walking a weird line here when refs watching on a monitor somewhere are making calls on whether guys are out or not over the refs that are a foot away from them. Thats why theyre in the octagon. Ref thought he was good, time expired, announce the decision.

Apparently Goddard claims the assigned ref did wave his arms and stop the fight and he was just backing him up.

Uh....what? Where?

Meh, Goddard is the best anyway, i trust his call, also he put Conor in his place before it was cool.
I believe it was not Goddard reffing that fight?

Edit: ah I see Goddard came into the octagon and waved it off? Didn't catch that. My bad.

I bet the ufc gave them FOTN because of this ref more then the fight quality.

He made the right call, who cares?

Why should Merab get the decision if he was out at the end of the fight? That would be fucking stupid.

He made the right call, who cares?

Why should Merab get the decision if he was out at the end of the fight? That would be fucking stupid.
if a guy passes out after a fight is done, is that a tko at 5:00 round 3?

so a guy who passes out the next day should be to then?

He was out well before the bell rang.
He had his eyes open and his legs were shaking, I've seen this happen LOTS of times in Jiu-Jitsu with people that refuse to tap.

The referee was a goddamn layman, he didn't recognize that Merab was out and put him in danger.
Merab was struggling to stay conscious, but went out at least 2 times in that sequence and came back for short times, referee was too much of an amateur to recognize it.

He was out well before the bell rang.
He had his eyes open and his legs were shaking, I've seen this happen LOTS of times in Jiu-Jitsu with people that refuse to tap.

The referee was a goddamn layman, he didn't recognize that Merab was out and put him in danger.
thats not what i asked tho

thats not what i asked tho

Your question was stupid, though.
No, a fighter that passes out on the next day should not lose the goddamn fight from yesterday.

But a fighter that went out exactly when the bell hits (in this case Merab was out even before the bell hit) and was CLEARLY unable to continue a fight shouldn't win a decision.

Let's say you hypothetically punch a guy right at the millisecond when the bell hits - he drops to the floor and goes out after the bell already rang, from that punch right at the bell, you're saying he should still win the decision if he won the previous rounds?

Your question was stupid, though.
No, a fighter that passes out on the next day should not lose the goddamn fight from yesterday.

But a fighter that went out exactly when the bell hits (in this case Merab was out even before the bell hit) and was CLEARLY unable to continue a fight shouldn't win a decision.

Let's say you hypothetically punch a guy right at the millisecond when the bell hits - he drops to the floor and goes out after the bell already rang, from that punch right at the bell, you're saying he should still win the decision if he won the previous rounds?
it was stupid enough that u answered it.

we dont know what happened. i think its crazy that ppl are taking such a firm stance on something like this..
nothing is OBVIOUS...

but this decision tonight is slowly turning the ufc into a direction most wont like.

we dont know what happened. i think its crazy that ppl are taking such a firm stance on something like this..
nothing is OBVIOUS...

but this decision tonight is slowly turning the ufc into a direction most wont like.

It's obvious to a guy that has been practicing and watching Jiu-Jitsu for years, so yes, I am confident that I saw Merab going out and coming back numerous times.
I've seen this happen at least 10 times before.

The ref was a new guy and didn't recognize it, but any decent referee with experience in Jiu-Jitsu (Goddard, for example) saw it.
It was very dangerous to not stop the fight. He was in huge danger. Merab could've gotten brain-damage from going out and coming back for 45 seconds.

Back