This is why MMA needs a true HoF. UFC is rewriting history in favor of those they like.

RiotWyatt

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Don’t get me wrong, I think that Serra is deserving but there are so many more deserving fighters.

For one, this guy:
200w.gif

shamrock-knocks-baroni-down-o.gif

giphy.gif

200w.gif

The UFC tries their best to not acknowledge Frank Shamrock as a former Champion. They don’t really mention how he took B.J. Penn under his wing for a time.

Frank was the first fighter to really fluidly do it all. He brought extreme conditioning to the forefront. Tito was credited as a cardio machine but it is never mentioned that it was because of how Shamrock demolished him that Tito realized Frank was on to something. I could go on and on.

I didn't know that BJ Penn was under Frank. But yeah not having Frank in the UFC HOF is a disgrace and makes it pointless basically.

Then there is Fedor. Despite what you think of him, he was considered the most dominant HW for a very long time. Had some classic fights against, Cro Cop, Big Nog, Big Tim and Arlovski. The very best of his time.

Yup.

Matt Serra has done a lot for MMA, but honestly I was surprised that he was getting in to the HOF now.

Frank most definitely deserves it.

What we really need is a true MMA HOF, not just UFC.

I didn't know that BJ Penn was under Frank. But yeah not having Frank in the UFC HOF is a disgrace and makes it pointless basically.

Frank took BJ Penn under his wing?

Penn trained under Frank at AKA for his first UFC fights up until his second fight with Uno. Then Penn left because they brought Sherk in and he didn’t want to train with a potential rival.

IMO opinion, AKA Penn was the best version. Just a bit young and unwise. Skill wise, he was far better than the Penn that was LW Champ.

It is funny how the UFC does everything in their power to repress that history just because of a feud between Frank and Dana.

Future fans will not be aware of any of this.

Penn trained under Frank at AKA for his first UFC fights up until his second fight with Uno. Then Penn left because they brought Sherk in and he didn’t want to train with a potential rival.

IMO opinion, AKA Penn was the best version. Just a bit young and unwise. Skill wise, he was far better than the Penn that was LW Champ.

It is funny how the UFC does everything in their power to repress that history just because of a feud between Frank and Dana.

Future fans will not be aware of any of this.

It's a shame that, I guess casuals may not know of Frank but once you delve a bit deeper into MMA, even hang on Sherdog for some time you'll hear of him. The guy who got me into MMA about 10 years ago luckily told me about Frank straight away and I got all the early UFCs and saw him do the business.

It's a shame that, I guess casuals may not know of Frank but once you delve a bit deeper into MMA, even hang on Sherdog for some time you'll hear of him. The guy who got me into MMA about 10 years ago luckily told me about Frank straight away and I got all the early UFCs and saw him do the business.

There is so much history to Frank. He worked with Maurice Smith and they were called The Alliance. They were considered to be among the first highly specialized fighters to come together and cross train. Smith the striker and Shamrock the grappler. Using his grappling skills that he learned from Shamrock, Smith was able stifle Mark Coleman’s wrestling and KO him to become UFC HW Champion.

Also Frank vs Tito should be considered one of the best UFC fights of all time. Both the fight itself and the impact it had on MMA. You won’t hear any of that from UFC though.

As long as everybody understands it’s a “ HOF “ of a private company and has no legitimacy, at all. Then I’m not too worried about it.

I’m sure there will end up being a legit MMA HOF. Don’t expect to see alot of the UFC HOFers in there.

It's Dana's HOF
That's the fuckin way it should be! All these goofs think they understand MMA and haven't even bought tickets to even 20 UFC events. Dana was the brain that led the growth of the fucking sport.
He knows that traitor Randy Couture doesn't deserve to be in the hall. And he's not currently fat, btw. Just been bulking.

The ufc is killing the hall of fame. it should be for the elite. putting stefan bonnar in it for one fight and done for roids killed it for me.

Then there is Fedor. Despite what you think of him, he was considered the most dominant HW for a very long time. Had some classic fights against, Cro Cop, Big Nog, Big Tim and Arlovski. The very best of his time.
<bball1>

Fedor never fought in UFC

Isn't it the UFC hall of fame ?

I've never understood why people care about the hall of fame. Seems the same to me as collecting those baseball cards or getting autographs. It's for "enthusiasts" (people who are a bit retarded) and it has no bearing on the sport whatsoever.

Yup.

Matt Serra has done a lot for MMA, but honestly I was surprised that he was getting in to the HOF now.

Frank most definitely deserves it.

What we really need is a true MMA HOF, not just UFC.
Your avatar gets a like from me. Congrats.

It's mostly just Dana's best buddies at this point

Back