Barboza showed terrible fight IQ not finishing hurt Lee

GrantSorenson

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Lee was out on his feet and Barboza was lingering on the ground way too long and giving Lee time to recover.

Not as bad as Souk vs O Malley but still terrible fight IQ

Yea but then again he took 100+ shots to the head by then so.. can't blame him too much.

He had that fight finished but wasted the chance. Oh well, shit happens.

It's something I've noticed in his latest fights. Barboza fights like a retard now. All he does is back up and look for the highlight reel kick, making him extremely easy to gameplan for to the point where I doubt he's even top 10 material any more. He was losing the Dariush fight before the knee too.

Barboza was beaten up and exhausted man.

Yea but then again he took 100+ shots to the head by then so.. can't blame him too much.

This.

Homie nearly got finished prior to that.

Guy is the very definition of a warrior.

He was probably seeing 3 motown phenoms at that point.

Barboza was damn near finished in the 2nd round and was tripping over himself at certain points in the fight. He clearly had his head scrambled.

That plus dealing with the pressure of Lee will really sap the energy out of you.

Didn’t look like he had the juice to explode back up after the sprawl. He blew his shot by coming in lazy. Should’ve gone for a knee or backed
off a bit

My work here is done

He showed incredible heart just to hang in there, let alone nearly finishing Lee after the beating he took, he done the best he could with what he had left. Nothing but respect for Barboza.... the guy is a warrior.

Speaking of iq, yours is probably really low.

The guy took a ton of damage. He had a small window to finish the job and missed. No shame with that.

It's something I've noticed in his latest fights. Barboza fights like a retard now. All he does is back up and look for the highlight reel kick, making him extremely easy to gameplan for to the point where I doubt he's even top 10 material any more. He was losing the Dariush fight before the knee too.

I’ve never believed in Barboza, not since his fight with Njokuani. I felt that Njokuani won that fight but one flashy kick from Barboza in the third round swayed it in his favor in the eyes of judges and fans. Njokuani was ripping Barboza to the body all night and nobody seemed to care. That’s what he’s always been to me. Flashy, muscular, hit or miss. Sometimes people fall for that.

He didn't have a choice. He put everything he had into that kick. He needed some time to recover himself. He was battered and exhausted and went for a Hail Mary. It nearly got the job done but Lee did a great job. To a get a take down as wobbled as he was, was amazing

Lee was out on his feet and Barboza was lingering on the ground way too long and giving Lee time to recover.

Not as bad as Souk vs O Malley but still terrible fight IQ

Well he was wobbled and dizzy himself after the pulverization on the ground where he had been taken quite a lot of blows to the head.

If he was fresh (the kick connected in the first round) i'm sure he would've finished it via flying knee or roundhousekick on Bambi.

I was impressed he even had the energy to hurt Lee at that point.

Hes incredible. Gassed as hell he still lands heel kicks that hurt Lee and Khabib in the third.

Barboza won me over. I used to doubt his grit

He was eating jabs to the face trying to time a knee against Lee against the cage.

Barboza looked gassed the whole fight, same v Khabib.

Kind of weird how Barboza is a top 5 LW when he is so one dimensional and everyone knows it. The whole UFC roster knows the game plan, back him up to the cage (chances are he will just do that for you himself) and then pressure and get the take down. I doubt coach's even watch tape on him.

Yeah, Edson should have followed with a left kick to the head and the fight was over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back