I'm a Kevin Lee fan, but it is tough to watch

jmmj

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
a guy take a potentially career-altering beating against a guy who missed weight like that.

By .8 pounds. Not like he came in super over. But missing weight is missing weight. I don’t think it would’ve had any impact at all if he had made, but I understand what you mean.

That was beating for sure. Barboza is a warrior.

people like to say it's only 1lb but cutting the last 1lb is the hardest and most taxing lb to cut. barboza made the weight and put his body through the extra taxation to cut it, it sucks Lee didn't also.

1lb at the start of a cut is not the same as the very last 1lb of the cut. in a 5 round fight, that COULD play a factor.

it didn't here, because lee mollywhopped Barboza, but the "it's just 1lb" thing is silly

By .8 pounds. Not like he came in super over. But missing weight is missing weight. I don’t think it would’ve had any impact at all if he had made, but I understand what you mean.

Yeah, the amount doesn't bother me as much as just how arrogant he was on a show bragging about how big he is for 155 and all this, then misses weight. Pure foot in mouth.

It was almost like watching Brock Lesnar vs Mighty Mouse

Missed weight by a lb?

Yes... a lb before re hydrating.

tenor.gif

I thought Lee was dominant on the feet, sure, but you never know if a guy not having to push the cut was the last but of strength he needed to finish that emergency takedown. Not inconceivable.

I'm a huge Kevin Lee fan too but yeah kinda shitty that he didn't make weight but that's the first time it's happened so it's not like he's Rumble Johnson, Gastelum or John Lineker.

Overall it was a pretty brutal beat down.

Barbosa was tough enough to take it, he had his moment to shine but still was on the receiving in of some brutal gnp

I'm a huge Kevin Lee fan too but yeah kinda shitty that he didn't make weight but that's the first time it's happened so it's not like he's Rumble Johnson, Gastelum or John Lineker.

Actually not the first time, though, right? But it's been awhile.

kind of tough to fault Lee for being a better fighter regardless of the weight.

Back