Simon now holds the record for the latest finish in UFC history.

TemDee

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Approximately nine minutes into the third round.

Impressive af.

Edit: Name one other fighter that has gotten a finish four minutes after the fight ended.

5 round fights are less than 19 minutes?
<TheWire1>

Mighty Mouse and Frankie Edgar both have later finishes.

He's still the only guy I know of that finished a guy after the fight ended.
He finished him prior tot he fight ending, but the ref called the finish after the bell. It's OK. The right guy won. Dvash went out several times int hat guillotine.

Yeah at 24 minutes and 59 seconds which is longer than 19 minutes.

Simon finished his opponent ~120% into their scheduled bout time, MM finished his fight ~99% into their scheduled bout time.

By that logic there are some dudes in the old school ufc fights with like 40 minute subs.

He finished him prior tot he fight ending, but the ref called the finish after the bell. It's OK. The right guy won. Dvash went out several times int hat guillotine.
we dont know that.

i made a thread about these weird situations.. cowboy vs condit was somewhat similar, except one tapped, one didnt

we dont know that.

i made a thread about these weird situations.. cowboy vs condit was somewhat similar, except one tapped, one didnt
You are right, w e don';t know that. But it certainly seems that way and the ref made that ruling. Looked close enough to me that I can live with it.

You are right, w e don';t know that. But it certainly seems that way and the ref made that ruling. Looked close enough to me that I can live with it.
im not. u can hear someone say "hes out", merab lifts his head up and looks at him and says something.. dude was just dead tired.

last weeks oliveira vs cerrone fight had me asking what happens in these situations where a guy doesnt tap and doesnt necessarily look like hes out. dangerous situations.. why wouldnt the guy release the choke if merab was out??

You aren't the one losing your win bonus over a fight that was never stopped by the ref.

You aren't the one losing your win bonus over a fight that was never stopped by the ref.
The guy who lost his win bonus needs to learn better guillotine defense. Don't put that on me.

Back