The Lightweight Division: A Game of Thrones

Negator402

Yellow Card
Banned
Reaction score
In my opinion (obviously), what we have today in the UFC 155 division is the equivalent of GOT at the juncture when Ned is arrested and Robert is dead: multiple, credible claims to the title.

I will not match Khabib, Tony, and Conor to Joffrey, Stannis, and Daenerys, but we have three guys, none of whom has lost to the other, with a claim. The UFC has branded Khabib the undisputed champion, but this is in name only. Tony never lost his belt, and technically, neither did Conor. All three are liabilities: Khabib with injuries, Ramadan, and being a possibly disinterested foreigner, Tony being injury prone and seemingly unable to adapt his training around that, and Conor being a spoiled rich kid with a possible criminal issue.

The way this plays out will be fascinating, but for the moment, we should enjoy how this division hangs in the balance, with so many juicy options for big-fights, including both the big three, and Edson, Lee, Poirer, and Alvarez.

Conner=Joffrey
InsignificantBrightGull-size_restricted.gif

conor is theon greyjoy. he becomes prince for a little bit but then loses his balls.

I think Khabib is more Joffrey, appointed almost arbitrarily by the people in power (Dana).

Back