Objective Analysis Of Kevin Lee.

Franc Mittelo

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Loss to Al Iaquinta (2-1, at the time of the fight)
Beat Jesse Ronosn (0-2)
Beat Jon Tuck (2-1)
Beat Michel Prazeres (2-1)
Beat James Moontasri (1-1)
Loss Leanardo Santos (3-0-1Draw)
Beat Efrain Escurdero (5-6)
Beat Jake Matthews (4-1)
Beat Magomed Mustafaev (2-0)
Beat Francisco Trinaldo (11-3)
Beat Michael Chiesa (7-2)
Loss Tony Ferguson (12-1)

Let us look at Kevin Lee using my algorithm of (1) Consecutive wins (2) Quality of opponents and (3) Finishing rate.

(1) I used GSP as the standard to judge consecutive wins. If you want details of how I came up with this system, ask and I will explain. Using my GSP system, Kevin Lee with 5-0 longest streak is in the upper-tier of Lower-Echelon fighters (i.e. 1 to 6 consecutive wins).

(2) His quality of opponents has been poor. Look at the record I posted. His best wins are Trinaldo (11-3) and Chiesa (7-2). Trinaldo at the time was a Lower-Tier Upper Echelon fighter (7 and more consecutive wins). So, Kevin Lee has only beaten 1 Upper-Echelon fighter.

(3) Kevin Lee only has a 45% finishing rate (mostly submissions). I don't know what to make of this, because GSP (if used as a standard) only has 36% finishing rate. So, GSP is not the best standard, but he is the least controversial (that is another debate LOL).

In terms of skills, Kevin Lee has 42% striking accuracy with 52% striking defense, and 42% TD accuracy with 74% TD defense. So, nothing pops out.

Using these stats, it is kind of obvious that Kevin Lee is not a so called "next level fighter." The rankings must be based on bullshit and/or the division is not as talented as it is hyped-up to be.

Kevin Lee is pushed because the UFC wants to break into the Asian market and he is their best chance of doing so.

Rankings don't matter

There are lies, damn lies and then there are statistics

You don't have to be an overanalyzing charlatan to realize that Kevin Lee is not good.

Kevin Lee is pushed because the UFC wants to break into the Asian market and he is their best chance of doing so.
They really filled a niche with him, he is good to bring in Blasian fans

I am not prepared to say that, because it will involve looking at the record of every single UFC LW fighter, coming up with inferential statistics and using them to compare Kevin Lee to the average. That is a lot of work.

It takes a lot of work to have an opinion based on some objective information. That is why most people just choose to be ignorant and ill-informed.

Chiesa claiming it is in his family's male culture to go tuna fish guy on anyone at walmart looking the wrong way at a female. Nothing else. Chiesa's over reactions were the only interest. Now they are both 1-1 in their recent fights. Let Vick or some midcarder rematch them and destroy them.

tumblr_mlox7fDdVc1qa5ui1o1_250.gif

450FAD4100000578-4951212-Winning_UFC_gold_could_help_legitimise_Lee_and_catapult_him_into-a-35_1507208631862.jpg

Will Kevin Lee bounce back and fight for the UFC title find out tonight on the next episode of UFC !

Chiesa claiming it is in his family's culture to go tuna fish guy on anyone at walmart looking the wrong way. Nothing else. Chiesa's over reactions were the only interest. Now they are both 1-1 in their recent fights.

tumblr_mlox7fDdVc1qa5ui1o1_250.gif
fuck i remember watching that film so much when i was younger that scene was dumb as hell #FuckDaTuna

(1) I used GSP as the standard to judge consecutive wins. If you want details of how I came up with this system, ask and I will explain. Using my GSP system, Kevin Lee with 5-0 longest streak is in the upper-tier of Lower-Echelon fighters (i.e. 1 to 6 consecutive wins).

(2) His quality of opponents has been poor. Look at the record I posted. His best wins are Trinaldo (11-3) and Chiesa (7-2). Trinaldo at the time was a Lower-Tier Upper Echelon fighter (7 and more consecutive wins). So, Kevin Lee has only beaten 1 Upper-Echelon fighter.

(3) Kevin Lee only has a 45% finishing rate (mostly submissions). I don't know what to make of this, because GSP (if used as a standard) only has 36% finishing rate. So, GSP is not the best standard, but he is the least controversial (that is another debate LOL).

In terms of skills, Kevin Lee has 42% striking accuracy with 52% striking defense, and 42% TD accuracy with 74% TD defense. So, nothing pops out.

Using these stats, it is kind of obvious that Kevin Lee is not a so called "next level fighter." The rankings must be based on bullshit and/or the division is not as talented as it is hyped-up to be.

This part is all subjective. Please change your title.

So Johnson beat Barboza, Poirer, Big Ferg and rocked Khabib; but Lee doesn't like his 50% finish rate.

UFC hypes him up cuz they wanna that asian money, Usa 300 millions asians 4 Billion

Upper lower mid-tier level who is a legend but was never really that good.

Not gonna defend Lee being a world killer, but this sort of picking apart of MMA records you can do with most anyone on the roster.

I recently watched the Magomed Mustafaev fight. That Russian guy was awesome and very entertaining, also, he was schooling Lee in the standing department , I don´t understand why UFC didn´t sign the guy again.

<31>

Loss to Al Iaquinta (2-1, at the time of the fight)
Beat Jesse Ronosn (0-2)
Beat Jon Tuck (2-1)
Beat Michel Prazeres (2-1)
Beat James Moontasri (1-1)
Loss Leanardo Santos (3-0-1Draw)
Beat Efrain Escurdero (5-6)
Beat Jake Matthews (4-1)
Beat Magomed Mustafaev (2-0)
Beat Francisco Trinaldo (11-3)
Beat Michael Chiesa (7-2)
Loss Tony Ferguson (12-1)

Let us look at Kevin Lee using my algorithm of (1) Consecutive wins (2) Quality of opponents and (3) Finishing rate.

I really like what you have done here and its very good. Good job man.

Objectively it seems his an average fighter, which he is really. Nothing great nothing special.

Subjectively his just a pussy lol

One thing that can’t be taken into account by your system is fighters getting better. He didn’t have s ton of fights when he got to the ufc and has looked better and better while he’s been fighting better fighters. This fight will tell us a lot about him.

Back