Wmma needs another girl like Ronda Rousey

Rdude92

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Whether you like it or not she did wmma a huge favor. And currently, there are no other girl like her.
Her bad attitude and being kind of the villain is what brought her fame (plus of course winning her fights). But mainly, the thing that made her big was her bad attitude. This is the fight game and the game favors bad boys/girls. That's just the culture of a fight sport.

But currently, I see no one from the wmma fighters stepping up to this 'role'. All of them want to be the 'nice girl' and to be liked.How then can you differentiate yourself from the others? Wmma needs Ronda. The excitement is gone without her. I hope these girls wake up and learn what Colby, Kevin Lee did to be able to accelerate their journey faster with their way of self-promotion. Till then Wmma will be stale.

Right now the only fight in wmma that interest me is: Cyborg vs Amanda, that's all.

We have Joanna Gatekeeper( as people are calling her now) she can play the villian the show

I agree it could use another superstar, but fuck no not like Ronda Rousey and her attitude.

Fat, entitled, arrogant, and overrated?

So much wrong with the thread title.

Obviously there can never be another 1st entry into the WMMA for UFC.

The fact she went undefeated for so long in such a fasion, is amazing & that being the first WMMA star in the UFC made it that much more amazing. It can't be repeated.

I think you meant "dominant WMMA superstar." Don't look now but Cyborg is it.

Last edited:
So much wrong with the thread title.

Obviously there can never be another 1st entry into the WMMA for UFC.

The fact she went undefeated for so long in such a fasion, is amazing & that being the first WMMA star in the UFC made it that much more amazing. It can't be repeated.
I mean a girl that doesn't care at playing the role of the 'devil'. Right now all of them want to be loved and liked, except maybe Joanna "gatekeeper". We need more that dares calling out names and promoting herself for the belt like Colby and Lee did

No.

wMMA needs a true champ that does bail when the going gets tough.

Fat, entitled, arrogant, and overrated?

TWzmHuc.png

a one trick pony who runs off when she gets exposed?

Whether you like it or not she did wmma a huge favor. And currently, there are no other girl like her.
Her bad attitude and being kind of the villain is what brought her fame (plus of course winning her fights). But mainly, the thing that made her big was her bad attitude. This is the fight game and the game favors bad boys/girls. That's just the culture of a fight sport.

But currently, I see no one from the wmma fighters stepping up to this 'role'. All of them want to be the 'nice girl' and to be liked.How then can you differentiate yourself from the others? Wmma needs Ronda. The excitement is gone without her. I hope these girls wake up and learn what Colby, Kevin Lee did to be able to accelerate their journey faster with their way of self-promotion. Till then Wmma will be stale.

Right now the only fight in wmma that interest me is: Cyborg vs Amanda, that's all.

Honda could have been any non-masculine looking American female winning all her fights in less than a minute of the first round and the UFC would have built a women's division around her.

Likewise, Honda could have been exactly who she was, with the same persona, but had she been 3-3 in 2013 there would be no UFC women's division today.

I agree somewhat but by no means do we need another one of these
Ronda-Rousey-crying-on-Ellen-Show.jpg

and this is coming from someone who was largely indifferent towards R3. Is that still a thing?

Thug Rose needs to grow out her hair . The rest she already has . She can go world wide in micro seconds with HAIR lol

Why refer to female fighters as “girls”? You probably wouldn’t refer to male fighters as “boys” (inb4 Garbrandt “hanging with the boys”).

Ask Joanna how that worked out with the fans.

It doesn't need a star.

Just keep them fighting and keep evolving. Stars will happen eventually and it's a sport that just needs to happen. Only the casual fans need stars.

WMMA needs a separate org. Maybe something called "Invicta" or something like that

UFC needs another Ronda just like Sherdog needs another 99Silva

Mma doesnt need such an obnoxious being like Joanna Gatekeeper or Honda around.

They need another Ronda Rousey but a hot one like Gina Carano.

Back