Who else thinks that Edgar-Cub is going to be like Bisping-Gastelum?

PubliusVentidius

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
1 month after a devastating ko going vs one of the best strikers at featherweight, it's not going to end well I think.

Nope. Frankie will take him down and pound him for tree fitteen

To me, it is one of the easier fights to pick, as Cub had nothing the first time and has not really improved at all. Frankie will remind us, once again, ''oh yeah, this guy is really fucking good''. Frankie only loses to champs (or future champs).

BTW Artem was taking down Cub, so safe to say he's fucked.

Neither one of them is a way younger, faster, less shopworn fighter so I don't see how it compares.

1 month after a devastating ko going vs one of the best strikers at featherweight, it's not going to end well I think.

This is why Frankie should be respected. And Cub is likely not long enough to be able to do to Frankie what some guys in the division possibly can do. Hopefully Frankie fights smart, gets it to the ground and does what he did last fight. No reason to deviate much from that game plan when it’s still the best way to beat Cub.

GSGY5.jpg

FRANKIE WILL HAVE THE ANSWER HE JUST HAS TO !

It's possible, but Cub isn't this one punch KO kind of guy

Unless Frankie goes dumb dumb I think he's gonna grapple him for 3 rounds again

Frankie is a much better fighter than Bisping. I get your reference but Bisping was gambling on himself in a way that Frankie has never had to.

Cub has blown every high-profile UFC fight he's ever had and hasn't stopped anyone via strikes in 5 years.

Frankie took that uppercut flush and wasn't even completely out.

Think so. Chins dont recover in that quick period of time.

I hope not, sucks seeing shit like that happen. I dislike Bispig and I thought it was fucking stupid of the UFC to let
him fight so quickly. Looks like they haven’t learned their lesson.

What is with this recent resurgence of this myth of Cub Swanson being some amazing dude with god-tier striking? The reality is he's not that good, gatekeeper level at best. I don't even like Frankie Edgar and do like Cub, but Edgar should demolish him with relative ease.

Regardless this fight is flying way under the radar. Better co-main than some PPV’s.

Wouldn't consider Cub one of the best strikers at featherweight. He is overrated imo. Always loses the big fights.

Can't say for sure.

Cub hits hard and is slick on the feet but Frankie dominated him last time.

1 KO doesn't mean your ability to take a shot is gone. Bisping had been concussed and/or finished via strikes quite a few times. 4 of his last 5 fights he got concussed at one point. Frankie not so much.

It's possible, but I think Frankie uses his fight IQ in this one and makes it grappling heavy like last time.

Neither outcome would come as a shock.

Back