Gustafsson asking for an interim title is laughable

Nightmaree

Questionmark
@Silver
Reaction score
Gus Davidson fights once in a year himself + he got TS against DC coming off a 1st round TKO loss!

His winning streak consists of wins over Blachowicz where he clearly was losing standup battle and Glover, while I think win over Glover is a big achievement, he poked him in the eye badly which affected the fight.

Gus should fight Volkan or rematch Blachowicz who is on a 3 fight winning streak. Plus to that Gus should be way more active if he wants to be champ

These days every fighter should ask for an interim. The UFC can only say no. And are hanging interims like candy these days.

It would have been laughable 4-5 years ago. Now? Par for the course, baby. If I was Gus, I'd be asking for the same thing. Any belt looks better and brings more money than no belt.

And in these turbulent times of UFC brass weaseling to get their money back from just buying the company? An interim title is often the only way to guarantee a shot.

Why wouldnt he ask for one? It's good for his career and the UFC make a new interim for every numbered card these days. You should hate on the UFC's position on interim belts, not Gus for wanting what every other fighter wants.

His title shot against DC was fine. Jones was "busy", Rumble had just lost to DC, there was nobody else except Bader and nobody wanted to see Bader get owned by DC. Gus/DC actually was a great fight, too. Still don't know why people hate on that title shot.

DC is fighting at heavyweight and Jones is done for a while, he could fight anyone in the top 5 for the interim belt while DC runs from him

Gustafsson wants so badly to be champion.

Gustafsson wants so badly to be champion.

well i'd say you have to fight first for that to happen but then some white belt would notice my conor avatar and bring up stripgate or 500 days or some other malarkey so instead i'll just say that gus will not be champion as long as jones and dc are in his division

Gus Davidson is not relevant anymore

The guy fights every other century and he barely got by Yan Blahhowitz

He also lost every single meaningful fight and has cried about wanting to retire as well as cried in front of his whole nation

Gus Davidson fights once in a year himself + he got TS against DC coming off a 1st round TKO loss!

His winning streak consists of wins over Blachowicz where he clearly was losing standup battle and Glover, while I think win over Glover is a big achievement, he poked him in the eye badly which affected the fight.

Gus should fight Volkan or rematch Blachowicz who is on a 3 fight winning streak. Plus to that Gus should be way more active if he wants to be champ

Until he births AJ's baby he should not be cleared to fight.

can't hold this against Gus

it's not like he's asking them to hand it to him he's willing to fight for it and DC has temporarily abandoned the division

mma-7.gif

https://www.mmafrenzy.com/161637/al...an-interim-title-will-the-ufc-grant-his-wish/

Gus Davidson is not relevant anymore

The guy fights every other century and he barely got by Yan Blahhowitz

He also lost every single meaningful fight and has cried about wanting to retire as well as cried in front of his whole nation
has sx lost every meaningful fight too? I mean he lost to Jones twice and cried. Plus he barely got past his.

Dc is irrelevant I gyess

Unfortunately the UFC is directly responsible for creating the environment where this happens. They hand out interim title fights like candy....

And for what it's worth? I fully understand his frustration.

AS much as I like both Stipe and DC?

They have absolutely on business fighting each other right now. It's stupid, makes no sense, and is once again going to further hold up a division.

Gustaffson is the only breath of life in an otherwise garbage division. He also has had 2 legendary fights with Jones and DC. Also, he's coming off a dominant performance off a top 5 opponent. Why wouldn't he want an interim title (when the division champion is going to fight a weight class above and may not even come back down to LHW).

Champ lost and was still champ, people get undeserved shots all the time even if they are bad fighters. People get crowned champs from the ultimate fighter even though there are almost no decent fighters in the entire weightclass let alone on the tuf season.

Champion of the division is 40 and scheduled for a title fight in a heavier weight class, and has a history of not very comfortable weight cuts to 205.
Even if DC fights at 205 again, the HW fight is in a couple of months and then he probably won't fight until late this year, and that is if he doesn't get any bad injuries.

But yea sure it's "laughable" for Gus to ask for a title shot. Seems sooo unrealistic the UFC would put on such a fight right?
Also, he would be one part of this interim title fight. Name two others you would rather see fight for the LHW #1 contender spot/interim bullshit title? Realistic people. Not retired roided people who used to fight, or people Gus has beaten. Or people who are suspended.

Speaking of suspended people, imagine if Jones is cleared, that would be a "pretty good" rematch.

The UFC is wants into that Scandinavian market, so it wouldn’t surprise me if they did make an interim title.
350px-Scandinavia.png

Right now he is the only one who can hang with Jones or DC.

Back