Was Ferguson the first interim interim champion?

superpunch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
We have Conor, Khabib, and Ferguson who are all champions.

Don't forget Lee and Iaquinta who are vice-champions.

McGregor isn't champ anymore because he refused to fight in a cage.

Ferguson isn't interim champ but he's still a top contender even though he's looking at a lengthy break from fighting. We'll be lucky to see Ferguson fighting by early 2019.

Khabib is the champ.

LW is still such a mess right now. Dustin, Eddie, Ferg, and Conor all have rightful claims to a TS, and that doesn't include the winner of Barboza/Lee.

LW is still such a mess right now. Dustin, Eddie, Ferg, and Conor all have rightful claims to a TS, and that doesn't include the winner of Barboza/Lee.

I dunno man it’s a mess but at the same time it’s exciting as hell. Throw any of those guys against each other and suddenly I’m interested in a card.

It’s a great mess to have. Way better than the mess of heavyweight, lhw, flyweight, etc where there are no new contenders or fresh match ups.

Ferguson is the real champ, Khabib is just keeping the belt until El Cucuy comes back.

Funny how Ferguson had the Interim belt, gets stripped, and then Khabib beats Iaquinta and now he is the legit champ.

Tony is still champ imo. I don't think it's fair to strip a guy who was injured during training (or whatever) if that fighter is going to be back in 9 months or so. I fully respect Khabib but Tony has put so much work in as well.

I think you'll find Khabib is the current and only interim interim

Tony beat a higher ranked opponent and had his bogus title before Khabib had his.

It should be excepted by all that Khabib is the true LW champ Conor McGregor had more than enough chances to defend his title to be called truly undisputed. Khabib didn't create the circumstance under which he fought for the title but his lead up to the belt should already solidify him as a legit LW champ...

Sounds like a lot of good high level fights to me.

Back