Jim Miller and Frankie Edgar are going to war again tonight.

Goodfella86

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

This is a short video about Jim Miller and Frankie Edgar's journey into mma and their fight 11.5 years ago. For those of you who don't know, Edgar defeated Miller via Unanimous Decision back in 2006, handing him his first loss. To this day, I've never even seen a picture of the fight (not that I give a fuck. I just want the video).

These are two of my absolute favorite fighters. I'm more of a Miller fan, so I was pleased to hear that it was a competitive fight. I was also surprised to hear that they were supposed to wrestle in college, but that's the one time Miller ever missed weight (.02). Regardless, they are now both famous fighters and NJ heroes. It's just cool seeing the Jersey boys enjoying their work at home. These are two of the most authentic fighters ever. They don't talk trash, they always show up, and everybody respects these guys.

Nobody knows how much longer they'll be here (in the public eye, fighting for the UFC). Frankie will be around until he retires, but if things don't go Frankie's way tomorrow, he just might retire- or, at the very least, be forced to take a long break in his late 30s. And if things don't go Miller's way, he may be cut (or perhaps retire, depending on his contract situation). Jim is suffering from Lyme's disease, in addition to aging. The clock is ticking.

Miller's not going to make the HOF, but he still made his mark on this sport. He had a hell of a career, headlining 3 UFC events and winning many fights and bonuses. He may have seemed a little too bland at first- and he's got the most boring name in the history of anthroponymy (I looked it up)- but in time, Jim Miller solidified himself as one of the most exciting fighters in LW history, in victory or defeat. He has six submission victories in the UFC, and almost all of them were spectacular.
BSMiller.jpg

And Frankie is everything Miller is, but at that true championship level. He achieved greatness, and unlike Miller, he's a lock for the HOF. Frankie Edgar won world title without cutting weight. He also stayed at the very top of the sport for almost a decade. But, above all else, he's going to be remembered for the Maynard fights. What he did in those fights will live with the fans forever. When he put on those performances consecutively, he secured himself a spot on the top 5 lists for comebacks, heart, triology, etc.
images

Both men have very tough tasks ahead of them tonight. Miller is the biggest underdog on the card. Hooker is dangerous everywhere, and he has a very difficult frame for Miller to overcome, as well as being stronger, faster, and healthier. And Frankie, despite being a 2-1 favorite, is taking a very dangerous fight tonight. For the first time in his career, I question his chin; I worry that this is too close to his last fight. I'd be worried for his chin even if he was fighting Elkins, but Cub is a legit threat on the feet. And although their first fight was a shutout on the scorecards, Cub was very competitive in rd 1. Still, i think both guys have what it takes to get the job done tonight.

WAR MILLER! WAR EDGAR!

I hope to see two submission victories tonight from both guys. Who's with me?

Thanks for your time

PYK1Tnb.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2018-4-21_8-40-25.jpeg
    upload_2018-4-21_8-40-25.jpeg
    11.6 KB · Views: 1
  • upload_2018-4-21_8-40-39.jpeg
    upload_2018-4-21_8-40-39.jpeg
    11.6 KB · Views: 1
2 very very skilled and tough beasts,wish them best both inside and outside the cage

Two of my all-time favourites. Always game!

Nice. Two of my favorite fighters to watch. I do wonder if Frankie is coming back to soon after his last fight though. He pretty much had his way with Cub last time, but that was 4 years ago. A lot of miles in between.

Totally with you my man, great thread. I'm having bad feelings about the Miller fight and i'll be honest i'm more of a Lauzon fan than Miller or Edgar fan, and watching him being beaten by that random guy weeks ago was really hard, frustrating at least, left me in bad vibes for a bit.. i hope that doesn't happen again, or a KO like the Pearson one..

Anyway i have nothing but respect and appreciation for these 2, guys like them built the UFC, true fighters who i always loved to watch.

Speaking of Miller, any word on how is his brother Dan's son is doing?

My heart's with Miller but I think Frankie will take the win.

With you. Big fan of both fighters from in the ring to how they conduct themselves overall.

Best thread I've seen on here in a long time. Thanks for posting, goodfella. Always respected Miller, but Frankie is of course an all-time fave for me. Hoping he makes it out of there unscathed and back in the win column, but we KNOW Cub is hungry for revenge. War Frankie!

Like everyone else, always enjoyed the fights these two out on. Two salt of the earth type of guys, now we get to live thru the hey look at me era of shit talk fight hyping.

In my opinion if Cub loses. He will never get a title shot. I can see if he beats Frankie and one more top 5 opponent you can make the case for a rematch against Holloway or Ortega.. but man.. Idk.. If he loses to Frankie he's going to need to win like 4 or 5 in a row

that being said... Edgar by UD

WTF is this??

A thread complimenting two fighters with no backhanded insults? Did I wake up in the twilight zone?

Well done TS and War boring name Miller and over the hill Edgar!

Glad to see some fellow Jim Miller supporters out there .
He's been one of my favourite fighters ever since his first ever fight in the UFC , The guy always brings it win or lose . Same goes for Frankie

Best thread I've seen on here in a long time. Thanks for posting, goodfella. Always respected Miller, but Frankie is of course an all-time fave for me. Hoping he makes it out of there unscathed and back in the win column, but we KNOW Cub is hungry for revenge. War Frankie!
Thank you, Steve. That first round of Edgar-Swanson is going to give me a heart attack, regardless.
WTF is this??

A thread complimenting two fighters with no backhanded insults? Did I wake up in the twilight zone?

Well done TS and War boring name Miller and over the hill Edgar!
I forgot to mention that they're both Jersey scumbags. ;) Thanks.

Back