If lee beats barboza in a dominant fashion, will you consider him in front of porier?

Hirashin

This is not a profession
Banned
Reaction score
The guy show tremendous skill and heart in the Ferguson fight, i think his very talented and a bad matchup for khabib.

Hmmm, I suppose they both have a decent claim to be next in line at this stage

If he beats Barboza he should fight Poirier for a title shot...

Poirier on a streak, but Lee is better.

yes. Lee has some serious potential. He seems to hit hard and has a good top game. I am interested in this.

If he beats Barboza he should fight Poirier for a title shot...
i think the have to make eddie vs. dustin 2 at this point.
if he wins tonight my list would be :
1.conor
2.lee
3.tony(bc of the injury )
4.winner of eddie - poirer

The fact he missed weight bothers me a bit, he should have another fight

Maybe at WW...

1.conor
2.lee
3.tony
I agree with the list other than putting Lee over Tony. Just curious to hear your reasoning on that.

I am ready to root for Lee because this time around, he canned his off-base pre-fight trash talk. Just be a good boy.

1.conor
2.lee
3.tony
Lee ahead of Tony?...not sure about that..

I see it more like..
1. Tony
2. Conor
3. Lee/Eddie/Poirier (They need to fight eachother for the number three spot)

I agree with the list other than putting Lee over Tony. Just curious to hear your reasoning on that.
srry i edited the post, the reason is i think Tony will need more time to prepare and I think khabib can fight lee in that time period. especially if the negotiations with fail to go through

Porier needs a hail mary to win against Khabib, so I'm not really interested in that fight, but he has a good streak now so he deserves it.

Lee is much more talented than Porier and has a better style to compete with Khabib, but he just got finished so he needs a couple more wins.

How do you guys see this fight going tonight. Lee is a great grappler, but Barboza has strong takedown defense. Lee appears to be improving in the standup, but that's Barboza's game. I feel like Lee is favored to win, but I could really see Edson playing spoiler there.

Lee and Edson both have a problem that Poirier doesn't have in terms of immediate prospects of contention. They've lost to the two best guys in the division (and McG is obviously one of the best too, but I'm just leaving him out of the conversation until we get a sense that he will be back) and they've lost recently and they lost emphatically.

So even if Lee dominates, you have a guy who missed the 155 limit and just a previous fight ago got subbed by Ferg.
Now, the only way you could conceivably have him leapfrogging Tony in contention is because Tony is sidelined with injury and because Khabib/Tony is a cursed matchup.

If Edson wins, he's in an even tougher spot because he actually lost to the current champ in a way that left no doubts.

srry i edited the post, the reason is i think Tony will need more time to prepare and I think khabib can fight lee in that time period. especially if the negotiations with fail to go through
Yeah, that's probably true. I'm not even sure how long Tony will be out for but Khabib could probably defend his title once before Tony recovers from his injury.

LOL fuck no

Lee is no where NEAR title contention

Barboza would be Lee's first big LW win EVER

Lee was knocked out by a BJJ coach lmao

Maybe if Lee were at 170, 185 or 205, Lee would be a serious contender. But LW is the most stacked division in MMA history. Lee will never amount to nothing more then a gatekeeper at LW

Pretty tough to justify Lee over Poirier right now given that Lee was just finished in his last fight and missed weight for this one.

You also have to think that Poirier should get rewarded for going through the meat grinder that is any fight with Gaethje.

When I say "rewarded", I mean by probably being put on his back and beaten up for 25 minutes by Khabib. Outside of of Ferguson, none of the top LW's offer enough off their back to make you think they can deal with Khabib.

Porier needs a hail mary to win against Khabib, so I'm not really interested in that fight, but he has a good streak now so he deserves it.

Lee is much more talented than Porier and has a better style to compete with Khabib, but he just got finished so he needs a couple more wins.

Lee is more talented than Poirier based on what exactly?

Lee has exactly one (fringe) top 10 win against Chiesa.

Poirier has fought the best (win or lose). Lee's only foray into the top 5 ended in defeat.

No. Lee should be ranked 5th/6th

Lee wouldn't beat Al Iaquinta if he had 10 chances.

Back