What does Gus mean by "the biggest deal of my career"?

Unheralded Truth

Brown Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I feel like there has to be a reason why he's come to the states, doing all this media and getting his name out there?

Could it be that the UFC agreed on having a LHW interim title fight? Cuz that's what he said "had to happen" some weeks ago iirc, and now he's signed a new deal and seems very happy again.

Thoughts?

I assume he means this deal is better than the deals hes had previous

Interiiim.

Daniel said that he's not coming back down, or was this just a rumour?

it means my "pay Gus thread" got him paid

I deserve at least 10%

When UFC fighters make big announcements but dont give any information, they mostly try to stay relevant. Nothing weong with tho

I think it is very likely they want him fighting for an interim title. The opponent is the unclear part, as I think they're trying to rebook Volkan vs Shogun.

If only Latifi wasn't his pal.

Interiiim.

He just said he's done at 40 which leaves him 9 months after the Stipe fight. If he beats Stipe you'd assume he stays at HW but if he loses then maybe 1 more at LHW. He's looking like he's put on a lot of weight though so maybe it's not going to be so easy to get rid of it in time and make 205 again?

He's FINALLY going to get a title shot!!!

Good for him. With different judges he would already be two time champ

He just said he's done at 40 which leaves him 9 months after the Stipe fight. If he beats Stipe you'd assume he stays at HW but if he loses then maybe 1 more at LHW. He's looking like he's put on a lot of weight though so maybe it's not going to be so easy to get rid of it in time and make 205 again?
He said that he's going to be around 228lbs for Stipe, but i doubt that. Although it would make sense if he's considering going back down, but he was 236lbs on fight night vs Rumble... Confusing stuff.

Gus probably got a 6 fight deal worth 1.5 million a fight including rebook and PPV share. He is really only viable champion now that Daniel is a HW and JBJ is in limbo. He is worth it.

Interiiim.

No I believe he said he wouldn’t stay at HW whatever happened and hinted at retirement in the close future after one further fight. My bet is DC v Gus.

He means LHW is weak af and they need him, so his contract reflects that.

Back