Jones & Gus going back and forth now

Jones / Gustafson II - who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Arm Barbarian

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Gus says he believes he has what it takes to beat Jones on the Hogan podcast. Alexander says that people get down on him for not acting like a Conor McGregor, but that he lets his performance do the talking in the cage. He says he believes 100% that he has what it takes to beat Jon Jones.

Jones response on Twitter:

"Your hands were the only the only thing you had over me in our first fight. That gap is closing fast. Our first fight is the greatest thing you've done inside that Octagon. You will never beat me, that's my promise to you."

Gus may never GET that chance, if you don't stop beating yourself Jon.

Thoughts? Who takes the rematch, if it ever comes about?

Time-stamped:

Last edited:
I thought the first fight was a toss up and if Jones is clean now, I think Gus takes it this time!

I don't think this recent positive test will change anything, Jon will always use, he lacks the confidence not to.

With that in mind, I can't pick against Jones, though Gus is his toughest challenge at 205 with Rumble gone (who I believe would on paper have the tools neccessary to beat him).

jones is barely a bit above DC and Gus... and as far as we know they were clean and he wasn't.

I want to see Jones fight again badly. However he sure is running his mouth a lot for a guy that is very likely staring at the ass end of a 4 year suspension. Maybe he knows something we don’t. Although I doubt it.

jones is barely a bit above DC and Gus... and as far as we know they were clean and he wasn't.

Stylistically Alexander presents problems for him. That basically would always be the case. That is a rematch everyone has always wanted. Quite frankly it should have happened already. Jones problems is the only reason it hasn’t.

Jones beat him the first time, I reckon Jones would beat him again.

Stylistically Alexander presents problems for him. That basically would always be the case. That is a rematch everyone has always wanted. Quite frankly it should have happened already. Jones problems is the only reason it hasn’t.

That really is the superfight at LHW, if Jon can stop sabotaging himself and his career.

First fight was one of the craziest fights I have ever seen at LHW.

Didn't vote cause the fight won't happen. Why are there all these Twitter wars when the fight can't be made, then they talk about us being keyboard warriors, wish they put half the energy into calling out guys that can actually fight.

How can anyone pick against Jon Jones in a fight. Sure Gus is a tough matchup for him, and the first fight was definitely a close one.... but picking against Jon generally doesn't end well.

how much Steroids will be in Jone's system because I'm going with him if he is still juiced to the gills.

edit , it's a tie game at the moment 17 all .

Jon is an ATG and could have gone down as the GOAT if he wasn't an idiot

Gus is the best loser in LHW history

I want to see Jones fight again badly. However he sure is running his mouth a lot for a guy that is very likely staring at the ass end of a 4 year suspension. Maybe he knows something we don’t. Although I doubt it.

He's almost done with the first year. Hopefully he doesn't get 4.

That really is the superfight at LHW, if Jon can stop sabotaging himself and his career.

First fight was one of the craziest fights I have ever seen at LHW.

I agree. However considering how badly his hearing went with the commission he is not in a good spot. He still running his mouth however I feel like a bad suspension is coming very soon.

One guy is suspended because he hates himself and the other guy can't get over the hump or stay healthy.

Online? Both need a timeout.

Jones has tried to improve his boxing for years, but he's still stiff, lacks fluidity. The punches are better than when he started, but he's still flatfooted and looks awkward when throwing more than 1 punch at a time.

Gus is a skilled boxer, he has what Jon lacks. This won't change. The spinning back elbow saved JJ last time, was handily losing before that. Low chance it'll save him again.

Back