Anderson Silva vs Vitor Belfort - one of the best striking match ups of all time

Dozer .

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Anderson Silva (GOAT MMA Striker) and Vitor Belfort are two of the greatest MMA strikers of all time.

Both guys were in their primes.

Anderson was on a 13 fight win streak and had 7 title defenses.

Vitor (former UFC 12 HW tournament champ) was in his prime as well. He was on a 3 fight KO streak with included victims such as Rich Franklin and the very scary KO of Matt Lindland.

And then this happened...

9B8839E1-6770-467F-B9F9-0933354AB90F.jpeg

Anderson was unstoppable during his run.
He did shit nobody had seen before.

Dang, breh. We get it, you like Andy and Aldo. That was not TRTitor tho, so it did not even hold a candle to TJ vs Cruz/CoGar or even Conor/Aldo.

I would have liked to see them go at it another time. The finish was awesome but I felt a bit cheated. I would have liked so much more.

I would have liked to see them go at it another time. The finish was awesome but I felt a bit cheated. I would have liked so much more.
Vitor tried his vintage flurries against Anderson but they failed. Anderson’s head movement and defense was too good.

Anderson figured him out and then we saw what happened.

The rematch would have ended the same way, with another Anderson KO.

None of them were that great. Their amateur records were nothing special. There have been far more accomplished strikers with pro records who fought in MMA.

I remember there was so much tension in this fight. Neither fighter wanted to risk attacking with big combinations and then Anderson just shut Vitor out with one strike followed up by some strikes on the ground and that was it. Masterful.

Swear you made this thread a month ago.

Actually I feel like you make it once a month

Anyway, I’ll say it again, I was waiting for this fight for years especially when vitor started taking mma seriously again and was kicking ass in affliction and shit. Then he ko’d Franklin and I was hyped. Fight was intense and then Silva just ended it out of nowhere....I waited all that time for a 3 minute fight, I was hoping for a standup war

None of them were that great. Their amateur records were nothing special. There have been far more accomplished strikers with pro records who fought in MMA.
Vitor and Anderson were both grapplers first.

Bwahahaha!! Damn man, I am quit3 intoxicated and this post made me laugh something good. I had to reread it a few times to really get it, but you've got a sharp sense of humor cuz.

Bwahahaha!! Damn man, I am quit3 intoxicated and this post made me laugh something good. I had to reread it a few times to really get it, but you've got a sharp sense of humor cuz.

Stating facts.

As a pro:

Vitor is 1-0
Silva is 1-1(KO'd).

They're mediocre records.

Stating facts.

As a pro:

Vitor is 1-0
Silva is 1-1(KO'd).

They're mediocre records.
But they were elite fighters and elite strikers in MMA that have KO'ed countless people.

I guess Mark Hunt vs Cro Cop would be the real winner of the two most elite strikers but Vitor vs Anderson was still a great matchup of two great strikers

It's up there but Anderson didn't beat TRT monster Vitor.... Now that would have been Goat striker fight of all time. <{JustBleed}>

Sad we didnt get to see it. From what I remember Anderson didn't want a rematch. This was me <209Bitch>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back