Is it time for Kevin Lee to go to 170lbs??

209 Life

FACE THE PAIN!!!
Banned
Reaction score
He has been consistently missing weight. That dream is over at 155. I wouldn't be surprised if UFC gives him the Gastelum treatment and force him up a weight class because he can't make weight. I know Kevin Lee would be a small welterweight compared to others.

He should have went up after his last fast after he complained so much about the weight cut.

This is the first time he didn't make weight, he's had to do 2nd and 3rd attempts before, but this is the first time he actually missed weight. Even against T-Ferg and recovering from staph infection he made weight.

No. He needs to stay at 155. 170 is a whole different ball game.

It's time for Kevin Lee to put the weights down for one fucking day. Lol @ seeing overly muscular fighters miss weight and blame it on a tough cut. Quit trying to look good for Instagram and modelling agencies, and optimize your body for your desired weight class.

I bet UFC has a 165lb weight class by the end of the year and that's where we'll see Lee. I wouldn't be surprised if UFC booked him in the inaugural 165lb title fight with a win this saturday.

with it looking like the UFC TV rights will be split over two networks there will be need for more belts and more main event worthy fights which to WME translates to more weight classes unfortunately

165 pound division that's coming. Him vs McGregor for title. He is built like me except an inch taller with 1.5 in reach. Big dude.... I'd guess he walks around at 185-190

I bet UFC has a 165lb weight class by the end of the year and that's where we'll see Lee. I wouldn't be surprised if UFC booked him in the inaugural 165lb title fight with a win this saturday.

with it looking like the UFC TV rights will be split over two networks there will be need for more belts and more main event worthy fights which to WME translates to more weight classes unfortunately
It's not the weight classes that's the problem. It's the weight cutting that is.

This is the first time he didn't make weight, he's had to do 2nd and 3rd attempts before, but this is the first time he actually missed weight. Even against T-Ferg and recovering from staph infection he made weight.

Hes never missed weight.

First time he has missed weight give him another chance first

This is the third time.. He missed against Ferguson, him making weight on the second attempt later in the morning, is a second attempt to make weight being he missed it originally, at the initial scheduled weigh ins.. And he missed weight in his 6th Pro Fight vs Travis Gervais, which ended up being a 160lb catchweight fight.

This is the third time.. He missed against Ferguson, him making weight on the second attempt later in the morning, is a second attempt to make weight being he missed it originally, at the initial scheduled weigh ins.. And he missed weight in his 6th Pro Fight vs Travis Gervais, which ended up being a 160lb catchweight fight.
What weight was the Ferg fight at ? 155 hence he made weight.
Who gives a fuck what he did outside the UFC.
Lee has missed weight once in the UFC so a second chance is warranted

165 pound division that's coming. Him vs McGregor for title. He is built like me except an inch taller with 1.5 in reach. Big dude.... I'd guess he walks around at 185-190
Hes 5ft 9in, with a 77in reach, walks around out of camp he claims 193-195lbs. He is muscular but not a "big dude". I am 5ft 9in, 73in reach, walk around at 175-179lbs.. fought at 155, 145, and 135 as an Am, and fought at 135 and 125 during my short Pro career. I am far from big, my wife is even taller then me at 5ft 10in. A "big guy" imo is someone like my father's size at 6ft 5in, 275lbs. Lee is similar size as Khabib, Woodley, RDA, Lombard, Kennedy, Gastelum, Perry, Ellenberger, etc..

Might do better at 170.. But give him another chance. Once he starts treading in Hendricks territory it will be clear as mud it'd probably be wise to.

Probably time for everyone to move up a division.

Back