Has the UFC given up on Kevin Lee already?

Übermacht

ἅπαξ λεγόμενον
@Brown
Reaction score
The promotional effort for this card is pathetic. There's not even a 'Road to the Octagon' or 'UFC on the Fly' or whatever they call their promos.

Yeah, yeah, I know it's an underwhelming card apart from main and co main, but seriously... Not too long ago Kevin Lee was made out to be the next big thing at LW and even got a title shot. And with a win over Edson he should be right back in the title picture as he's probably Khabib's biggest challenge in the division right know.

But it seems like UFC didn't even try to build some hype for this one. Is he no longer Dana's boy?

the ufc hasn't built a star in a decade.

you can't build one in modern social media age.

the stars build themselves. and lee isn't a star, like woodley.

This fight seems like a must win for both guys. Lee missing weight is a huge oops.

The promotional effort for this card is pathetic. There's not even a 'Road to the Octagon' or 'UFC on the Fly' or whatever they call their promos.

Yeah, yeah, I know it's an underwhelming card apart from main and co main, but seriously... Not too long ago Kevin Lee was made out to be the next big thing at LW

By who?

and even got a title shot

No, he had an interim title shot. Pretty much worthless.

And with a win over Edson he should be right back in the title picture

How does beating Edson make you a challenger over Tony, Dustin, Eddie or Connor?

as he's probably Khabib's biggest challenge in the division right know.

But it seems like UFC didn't even try to build some hype for this one. Is he no longer Dana's boy?

Dana has never hyped Lee

Great post.

I can't bring myself to give a shit about Kevin Lee.

Yeah, yeah, I know it's an underwhelming card apart from main and co main, but seriously... Not too long ago Kevin Lee was made out to be the next big thing at LW and even got a title shot. And with a win over Edson he should be right back in the title picture as he's probably Khabib's biggest challenge in the division right know.

It's a Fight Night card. Only PPV's get the "Road to the Octagon" treatment.

Edit: The UFC on Fox cards get hype too.

Me too.

Just nothing impressive about the guy at all.

Considering he runs his mouth so much, the least he could do is fucking make weight.

These guys all try to be Conor McGregor but totally lack his work ethic and drive.

I can't bring myself to give a shit about Kevin Lee.

I don't even watch them, so I didn't notice, but aren't those promotional efforts usually reserved for big events? PPV's or Fox cards and whatnot.

This fight seems like a must win for both guys. Lee missing weight is a huge oops.

Will be even bigger ooops if he looses the fight after that. Did Barboza accept to fight him after that?

If Kevin Lee doesn't become the next Kelvin Gastelum, He'll probably be champ in 3 fights or less. He's only 25 and gets better every fight. He had Ferguson in all kinds of trouble. Even had him mounted and Ferguson was debateably saved by the bell. In a year or two he is probably going to be on another level

I think he walks through Barboza

He's headlining again. They see his potential. Poor marketing is a UFC trademark.

I remember last year in the late Summer/ early Fall a few Sherdoggers were trying to make Kevin Lee a thing. It was cute.

These guys all try to be Conor McGregor but totally lack his work ethic and drive.

What should these guys do other than copying the GOAT. As long as Conor is gone I take what I can get.

UFC could care less about promoting a FS1 card especially with their FOX deal coming to a end this year. only FS1 card I really remember the UFC putting the promotional machine behind was McGregor/Siver which was after the AFC championship game

Everyone in the UFC works hard. McGregor is super creative and witty. Nobody in the UFC except for maybe Mr. Finland behave like him.

The difference is Conor writes his own script and executes it perfectly.

Solid match.

It's pretty much for the number 3 and 4 spots in the division.

Back