Looking Back; Ronda Rousey is one of the five most important figures in MMA history

Threetrees

He/Him
@plutonium
Reaction score
Joe Rogan gets a lot of hate for calling Ronda a once in a lifetime athlete
He was wrong
but not completely

Ronda is one of the most important figures in MMA, and there will never be another one like her
Amanda Nunes, Cyborg, Holly etc owe their modest stardom to her, as well as their paychecks as well every other WMMA fighter to come after

She is the Royce Gracie of WMMA, hopefully at this point we can respect her as one of the greatest (relative to her era, even though WMMA evolved faster she still dominated that early iteration) and most important figures in MMA period. She changed our sport for the better.

giphy.gif

Except once she left WMMA didn't continue to impress. WMMA is dead.

Ronda is easily the most significant female fighter to date.

Edit: I was looking for a gif of her destruction of Davis/Zingano, but the second result wss the Holm fight. Good enough imo.
giphy.gif

Calling Ronda the Royce of WMMA is a disservice to women like Megumi Fuji, Cyborg, Tara LaRosa

The difference is Royce pioneered a sport we all love to watch... Ronda pioneered a version of that sport that is now forced upon fans that, for the most part, aren't interested.

not once in a lifetime. he called her "once ever."
<{cum@me}>

she'll always be remembered for being a feminist propaganda tool that cursed us with the diarrhea called WMMA.

hopefully the ugly lesbians like Nunes will take over and WMMA will die out. like WNBA, which is 90% lesbian according to non dyke players.

Ronda is a once ever female PPV draw, and since pay and drawing power is directly tied to GOAThood in professional athletics, as Gödel proved, it means Ronda Rousey is a once ever female MMA fighter. Fact.

Ronda is a once ever female PPV draw, and since pay and drawing power is directly tied to GOAThood in professional athletics, as Gödel proved, it means Ronda Rousey is a once ever female MMA fighter. Fact.
Solid reasoning

Ronda is the goat WMMA fighter. Anyone denying that fact, is coping and projecting their hatred of strong women

All her fights were "must watch". Took a lot of arms home and always had that "live and die by the sword" attitude.

True legend.

Godel also was a nutjob who only ate food his wife prepared and when she was hospitalized, he starved himself to death. so, i wouldn't take all his theories as solid proof.

I agree to some extent TBH.

That doesn't change that she tucked tail and ran as soon as her kryptonite was found. I'm curious to see how she's seen in years to come.

Why do people talk like Ronda started wmma just because shes the one who got them into it?

There were many great and even famous female fighters before Ronda

Back