Can we stop blaming fighters for missing weight? The Weight Cutting System is the problem!!!!!!!!!!!

GOATER

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Im tired of fighters getting blamed...I know people will say "but but other fighters don't miss, thus it's the fighters fault".

Look we live in a Manlet Hunting culture in MMA/UFC(Conor is the prime example of a manlet hunter)....this has to change.

Good weight cutters either because of skill/genetics will always have the advantage, which is retarded since weight cutting has nothing to do with actual fighting, at all.

This Manlet hunting culture, then makes people want to cut as much weight as they can, even though cutting 20-25lbs of water weight and getting rehydrated in like a day..again has nothing to do with fighting.

Fighters are pressured to cut insane amount of weight because of this manlet hunter culture...thus this what happens.

We need ONEFC weight cutting, plain and simple.

Then fighters like Conor will fight people their own size, instead of little manlets.....and people won't miss weight.

Not only that, but fighters will perform way better and lead to more exciting fights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ben askren is right

Last edited:
No...

You not agreeing with the rules wont make it ok not holding people accountable when they fail to do so.

I think weed should be legal, but i wouldnt light up a joint in front of the police.

AkvedOC.jpg

Last edited:
I think we need fighters who are fighting in their actual weight class.

If ever a fighter has to cut more than 10 lbs of water a day ahead of weigh-ins it's probably the fighter's fault when he misses weight.

Fighters are pressured to cut insane amount of weight because of this manlet hunter culture...thus this what happens.

Fighters are under absolutely zero pressure to cut insane amounts of weight; It only occurs because fighters are looking to gain an advantage.

Last edited:
No...

You not agreeing with the rules wont make it ok to not hold people accountable.

I think weed should be legal, but i wouldnt light up a joint in front of the police.
Change the rules.

That's my whole point.

Change weed laws too.

Almost all the other fighters can make weight and this is what they signed up for. Can you stop making emotional threads

<LikeReally5>

Fighters are the ones making the choice to cut as much weight as they do; The UFC is partially at fault for allowing it to go on, but they are not the sole or primary ones responsible here.

If ever a fighter has to cut more than 10 lbs of water a day ahead of weigh-ins and they miss weight it is the fighter's fault.
Most fighters cut more than 10lbs water weight........Guys with weight cutting genetics/skill like Conor, can cut 20-25lbs.

Yeah bro, the system is so fuckign stupid....cutting water weight shouldn't have anything to do with fighting.

I wish they'd do away with weight cutting, if everyone had to fight at their 'fight night weight' it would be grand. No more big cutters trying to gain an advantage, no more big size discrepancies.

If you sign a contract stating that you will fight at a specific weight, you need to make that weight:

Fighters are the ones making the choice to cut as much weight as they do; The UFC is partially at fault for allowing it to go on, but they are not the sole or primary ones responsible here.
Yes they are.

The system right now rewards great weight cutters.......This then puts pressure on fighters to cut as much water weight.

The whole system is at fault, thus the UFC is responsible because they aren't trying to change the system.

and it's not like it's impossible...OneFC has done it.

Fighters are too blame though and should be professional with weight cuts. They aren't forced to fight at certain weights, if people have issues with weight cuts then they need to move up in weight(close to their fight weight).

Can we stop blaming contractors who can't fulfill their jobs? The free market is the problem!!!!

fucking dumbass. the fighters choose to cut weight!

and that makes it good?............LMFAO.

No weight cutting will make the sport better.

<mma3>

And during that 100 year span (200 years, considering that they did close ballpark estimates) no one complained and offered alternatives.

You keep mentioning Conor but Conor never missed weight

Kevin lee should be fighting at 170 not 155. He was legit 185lbs in the cage against Tony.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/10...me-its-about-time-to-move-up-mma-welterweight

According to Lee, the weight cut was disastrous, and battling a staph infection only made things worse.

“I feel like the (struggle to make weight) was a huge factor,” Lee said in the post-fight press conference. “The staph infection really didn’t help. I’ve been fighting it for over a week now, and it didn’t make the weight cut easier.”

Lee, who had to try twice to make the 155 lb limit, says the cut nearly “killed” him, and that it probably best that he moves up a division next.

“I’m sitting around here about 185 lbs, a little too big for the weight class now. I’ve been fighting at this weight class since I started MMA at 17, so it’s about time for me to go up, get stronger and bigger.

“The weight cut, was what it was. I wasn’t going to let down the whole show, let down everybody. I was going to make weight, even if I had to cut my foot off or something,” he said. “It damn near killed me, but I had to do what I had to do. I got job to do. I’m a professional. I would come out here no matter how bad it hurts. I felt like I put my best performance on tonight, but by the third round it was just too much for me.”

Im tired of fighters getting blamed...I know people will say "but but other fighters don't miss, thus it's the fighters fault".

Look we live in a Manlet Hunting culture in MMA/UFC(Conor is the prime example of a manlet hunter)....this has to change.

Good weight cutters either because of skill/genetics will always have the advantage, which is retarded since weight cutting has nothing to do with actual fighting, at all.

This Manlet hunting culture, then makes people want to cut as much weight as they can, even though cutting 20-25lbs of water weight and getting rehydrated in like a day..again has nothing to do with fighting.

We need ONEFC weight cutting, plain and simple.

Then fighters like Conor will fight people their own size, instead of little manlets.....and people won't miss weight.

Not only that, but fighters will perform way better and lead to more exciting fights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Conor is a manlet

Back