RDA believes Tyron Woodley delayed shoulder surgery in hopes of getting a money fight.

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
Here’s the thing: I was ready to fight Woodley,” dos Anjos said Monday on The MMA Hour. “After I beat (Robbie) Lawler (last December), I thought that Woodley would be the next guy.

“Long story short, after the Demian Maia fight, after Woodley fought Demian, he knew he hurt his shoulder. He should get surgery right away. He took six months to get surgery, right? And then he wants to fight (Michael) Bisping, and then he wants to fight (Nate) Diaz, and then GSP, then Conor (McGregor). None of these fights happened, so he knew the next guy in line was me. So I was told that he would be ready to fight in November, December. I said no, I can’t wait that long.

“I told Sean Shelby I can’t wait that long. My last fight was December 2017. I can’t wait until December 2018. It’s one year. I have a family, I have things to do.”

Dos Anjos isn’t sure why Woodley delayed shoulder surgery for so long, especially while publicly angling for other potential fights, such as one against Nate Diaz.

“I don’t know, to be honest with you,” dos Anjos. “I don’t think it’s not to fight me. He wants to fight somebody else. He wants to fight a big name. That’s what it looks like, because I was told that he said, ‘Okay, I’ll be ready to fight in June with GSP.’ No, no, Tyron, you’re going to fight RDA. ‘No, no. RDA, only in November.’ That’s it, man. I can’t wait. I have a life. I have bills to pay, like anybody, and I can’t just wait for one guy. Man, he got hurt with Maia. He should get surgery the next day. For me, as a fighter, I don’t want lose six months. Even when he had an injury, he still wanted to fight Nate Diaz. I don’t get it. If you need surgery, and you’re willing to take a fight with somebody?"

On Colby's "trash talking"

“Man, I’m born and raised in Brazil in Rio, and I knew a lot of bullies in school,” dos Anjos said. “I never have a problem with that. I know he’s going to say a lot, but it’s part of his thing, part of the promotion. I’m going to let him talk and promote the fight. Then, fight night, I’m going to go there and do my job.

“I do this for myself, for my family, for my fans around the world. I’m not an emotional fighter. I just go there, I’m cold-blooded, and I do my thing.”

https://www.mmafighting.com/platfor...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

the timing kinda did suggest that

but no

Tyrone Woodley will say tomorrow : "RDA is racist"

But to be honest RDA tell the truth. Woodley avoid RDA.

Well after RDA smashes Colby hopefully there will be no more excuses & he gets the Woodley fight.

This damn Woodley, an average guy on top.

His fighting is like playing old nintendo with 2 buttons: right overhand and TD. Thats it. Oh and hes very strong. Skillwise? a joke.

Really hoping RDA wins this fight against Colby, but am not that confident.

Agreed with what he said, Woodley was looking for a big name. Not that he's "scared" of RDA, but he wanted that red panty night.

Poor RDA struggling to pay the bills, could have been set for life if he didn't train like an idiot and injure himself just before his red panty night. That must eat at him every day, wife and kids must despise him for it.

Last edited:
well, he acknowledged that he would have taken a bout prior to surgery if a) it was easier and b) it paid well.

it doesn't take a whole lot of extrapolation from there to get here.

EDIT: while searching to source my first sentence above, i found this from Feb. so RDA has been saying virtually the same thing for a few months now.

“Tyron Woodley is only thinking about money,” Dos Anjos said. “Of course that everybody wants to make money and needs money, but he’s running away from logic. He’s trying to force his hand and making a fight that makes no sense.”

“(Diaz) can’t fight in this weight class, and Woodley is trying to force this fight. (Woodley) was willing to fight Nate Diaz while injured, needing to undergo surgery, because he knows it’s an easy fight and he can win without one arm. I think it’s wrong to hold the entire division like this.”

“He’s trying to get an easy fight and stay on his TV and radio shows as a champion, he wants this status,” Dos Anjos said. “He doesn’t want to fight someone motivated as myself, someone on a roll. He wants to fight someone that will bring him money.”

“Nate Diaz is more popular than me. I’ve achieved more things than him in my career, but Nate Diaz is more popular, so if this fight happens now it’s not about who deserves it more, but who’s more popular. He definitely wants an easier fight.”​

LOL Woodley explained why he delayed surgery and why we would have accepted a fight with Nate Diaz.

It's like people ask a question, get an answer but they don't like the answer so they invent the answers in their head.

Woodley said he'd be in camp by the end of May and be ready for a late summer fight. Where is RDA getting November from?

I'm pretty sure Woodley said this himself? He said he felt he could beat Nate Diaz without getting the surgery, so he was hoping for the fight in December. Once it became clear that that wasn't happening, he got the surgery. He's said all along he'd be ready to fight RDA by July, not sure where he's getting November or December.

This damn Woodley, an average guy on top.

His fighting is like playing old nintendo with 2 buttons: right overhand and TD. Thats it. Oh and hes very strong. Skillwise? a joke.

his resume is strong...
your breakdown is so clever and accurate, how does this average fighter manage to have such a better resume than so many others ?
- his resume trumps both mcg and khabibs for example.

his resume is strong...
your breakdown is so clever and accurate, how does this average fighter manage to have such a better resume than so many others ?
- his resume trumps both mcg and khabibs for example.
hes pretty damn effective, despite being that simple.

Well Tyron himself did day he would put off surgery if he got to fight Nate, Conor or Bisping.. so what RDA said, is just a repeat of what Tyron said earlier.

I think Woodley smashes RDA but MAN I hope I am wrong and RDA beats the shit out of him.

Back