Volkov vs Ngannou rumored to headline Russian UFC event (Khabib Out)

shoorik1987

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Volkov is rumored to headline Russian UFC event according to one of the oldest and most respected Russian newspapers, Sport-Express.

Khabib has today said that he would love to fight in Russia, but since the event will only be a smaller event (like Fight Night or on FX) and not a PPV, he's not interested. He told that during a big Q&A session at his former university. Full Q&A:

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/k...o-respect-for-him-i-will-break-conor.3750889/

Volkov himself responded to the rumors that it's the first time he hears about that and that if it's true UFC has not told him about it yet.

Russian sports media is speculating about Volkov getting a fight against Francis Ngannou and if he wins, getting a title shot against Stipe Miocic.

Other fighter that are rumored to be on the card are: Zabit Magomedsharipov, Zubaira Tukhugov and Petr Yan (not in UFC currently but VERY flashy, entertaining fighter with 8-1 record).

To be honest I will be rooting for Volkov, but damn am I nervous about him and Ngannou. I think Ngannou KOs him especially as Volkov likes to stand and trade in the stand-up. Although if Volkov gets him to the ground I think he will be able to outwrestle his a Ngannou has 0 groundgame (as he showed against Stipe).

Last edited:
Volkov got dropped by Tim Johnson, Ngannou will send him into the shadow world

Khabib was never in!

it would be nice if UFC go to st petersburg or moscow, the fans there deserve it.

UFC not making Black Beast vs Ngannou...

Buncha goofs... they should be jumping all over that one.

it would be nice if UFC go to st petersburg or moscow, the fans there deserve it.

It would be hell of a show if they went to Makhachkala, Dagestan. I think people would sell their houses to buy tickets :D.

It would be hell of a show if they went to Makhachkala, Dagestan. I think people would sell their houses to buy tickets :D.
i was gonna include Dags, but im not familiar enough with the local income to do so confidentley

i was gonna include Dags, but im not familiar enough with the local income to do so confidentley

One of the poorest places in Russia, but plenty of die hard fight fans that will get the money anyway.

UFC not making Black Beast vs Ngannou...

Buncha goofs... they should be jumping all over that one.

UFC is #1 at not giving fans what they want. They love to get in their own way.

And I honestly think Volkov wins even as an underdog.

Lol if that's true UFC matchmakers are the most greedy motherfuckers i've ever seen, they are trying to kill the only contender (Volkov) just to have a excuse to give Brock Lesnar a titleshot right away... i hope Blaydes wins and calls out the winner of Stipe/DC now. They wouldn't be able to deny him with a win over Overeem, if Volkov loses.

Back