[rumor mill] UFC heading to PPV in the UK ???

Co-Co Zola

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
https://www.sportindustry.biz/news/bt-launch-pay-view-channel

https://www.sbcnews.co.uk/marketing/2018/04/19/bt-reveals-plans-bt-sport-box-office/

(text of tweet, in case you can't see it)
BT Sport are currently sending out a survey to select customers asking how likely they are to pay for a UFC event at either £5 or £15. Also asking for opinions on BT losing the UFC TV rights.

BT Sport has announced that later this year it plans on launching BT Sport Box Office, a pay-per-view channel which will be available on BT TV and the Sky platform.

With BT in a broadcasting deal with boxing promoter Frank Warren, many believe the new platform has been formed to accommodate the return of former Heavyweight champion boxer, Tyson Fury, who signed a promotional deal with Warren earlier this week.

Nonetheless, with BT’s expansive portfolio including various premium football leagues, the Champions League and the UFC, the potential for the network to push numerous sports onto it

BT Sport has announced plans to launch a pay-per-view channel that will be available on BT TV and Sky.

Launching later this year, BT said that further details regarding BT Sport Box Office will be released soon.

In December last year, both Sky and BT TV reached an agreement to sell titled channels on each other’s platforms from the start of 2019. BT agreed to wholesale its BT Sport channels, whilst Sky’s Now TV service will be available on BT TV.

219nle9.jpg

To all my friends in the UK,

FIGHT THIS SHIT! DONT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE WE YANKS DID! THIS IS A TROJAN HORSE FOR A 40 QUID PER EVENT MODEL!

This better mean Europe starts getting PPV's, good cards and title fights.

Hahahahaha get to fuck

Card quality would have to be bananas to get the UK paying

FIGHT THIS SHIT! DONT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE WE YANKS DID! THIS IS A TROJAN HORSE FOR A 40 QUID PER EVENT MODEL!
Dont worry

There's no fans in the UK
Don't believe danas shit

Only the hardcore audience will go from watching cards for free to paying for them. I don't see that going over very well.

They better hope Till claims the belt and keeps it for 2 years. Otherwise PPV will die

The thing is UFC PPVs are on at 3am-6am UK time.

Like anyone will shell out money to watch sports at that time...on a fucking Saturday night (technically Sunday morning I guess) no less.

We'll have to see what happens, if they start asking for 5 bucks to watch it live (or even 5 bucks to watch it the following day). I'll not be paying my dude, it ain't happening. I imagine most others will be on a similar boat to me.

You only get the events if you are with a cable company paying shitloads of money every month for shit TV.

I would have welcomed the option a few years ago but I jumped of that sinking ship a few years ago.

if anything, the ufc is having less ppv events per year. 5-15 euros is probably fine if they stack the card and make it in UK's timezone

A McGregor PPV might do half decent numbers but anything else would get shit figures.

Haha!

I used to watch 90% of the cards
and now I miss 90%

and I've been watching mma live in the Uk

that shows you how shit the ufc is currently at

it peaked many years ago
hit the jackpot with ronda/conor
was always going to be sold by 2018
I said this many years ago for you dumb noobs that couldn't see it

Sky Sports doesn't even want the UFC
BT Sports is the only other home for it

PPVs come on at 3-6am, no one is gathering their friends at that time to chip in.
Prices for PPVs are usually at £20 here in the UK for boxing matches, even those that come on early in the morning but they are worth it.

The ufc isn't worth SHIT!

WME are clueless casuals and are following on from Zuffa by spamming cards for $
They know shit all about the sport
Why do you think all the original people are leaving or anyone with any inside info
no growth in the US
no one cares much in Brazil too, the market has gone
Same for Asia, they bring one shitty card to the Europe every once in a while, that isn't going to attract fans

THE UFC will be done and dusted by 2022
The Ferittas scammed WME and I said this before it became quite obvious

Dana is still scamming them, he effed them good and hard by making the Floyd/Conor fight, do you really think Zuffa would be getting butt fucked by Conor right now?

ALL HAIL TO MYSTIC UL

and for BT sports subscription, it's like $180 a year
and that shit is overpriced

Last edited:
Just bear in mind that whatever they start with, will go up 5 bucks every 6 months to a year

Idk if I’ll ever buy another PPV for $65. I would buy so many more games f it was 25-35$ range

LOL UK gonna be on that stream train , but it also takes away one of the best steam options for the events .

It would backfire on them so hard

that I'd love to see it

Uh, the PPV model is deadddddddddddddddddddddd.

Back