Israel Adesanya Blasts "F**kboy" Vettori For Slap Threat, Brunson Too

PolskiGhost

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Fresh off his win over Martin Vettori at UFC on FOX 29, Israel Adesanya made an appearance on Submission Radio yesterday on video to chat about a bunch of stuff.

Some of the topics covered:
  • His win over Marvin Vettori at UFC on FOX 29
  • His harsh criticism of his own performance
  • The critics, if he was bothered by people's disappointment of him
  • The spaghetti comments and Marvin saying he'd slap him after the fight
  • Potentially fighting Brad Tavares next, their interaction during fight week
  • Derek Brunson not wanting to mention his name
  • Believing he'd finish Brunson in the first round
  • Being bullied as a kid
  • His time in Philadelphia
  • Never seeing any of the Rocky movies and more!
Some quote highlights:

On his spaghetti comments

“The Italians are being salty and I’m like, I love Italy. You know, they’re saying I was being racist because I said something about spaghetti. Who doesn’t fucken love spaghetti? And he tried to claim that if he had said something about me (he would’ve gotten in trouble). I‘m like, everyone loves fried chicken and watermelon, fuck you mean? How is that racist? I’m sick of these bitches on the internet. Like, I love spaghetti, I love lasagne, I love Italian pussy. I mean, everything, it’s fair game. It’s all fair in love and war. So, they can cry about it all they want, but hey, a win’s a win, and I stay winning.”

On Vettori being pissed off post-fight about the “spaghetti comments” and saying he’d slap Israel if he sees him again

“I wish a n**ger would. He had 15 minutes to do what, to try and slap me. Bitch, he couldn’t do shit to me. Even when people go, ‘oh I think you lost that fight’. I love his acting. He deserves an Oscar for that, for after when I got announced the winner, the way he was like (acting frustrated) and just stormed out the cage. His acting, oh *clicking fingers* bravo, bravo. His acting chops were on. He might have to pick up (an Oscar). I mean, you see me, I’m objective and I’m honest about my assessment of my performance and I know what I have to do to get better. If you have that kind of attitude when you lost the fight and you want to keep it in your head like ‘oh, I won that fight,’ and you have all these yes-men feeding you that shit like, ‘oh, you won that bro,’ I mean, he’s not gonna get far. I said after the fight, ‘I might see you at the top,’ but with this kind of attitude, fuck no, he’s going to get cut. He’s gonna get dropped soon.”

If he saw Vettori later that night

“Fuck no. If he saw me he could have (tried to slap me). I wish someone would. I mean, what’s he gonna do? He couldn’t even walk. I beat the fuck out of his front leg, he couldn’t even walk properly. So, I’m healing. My eye was fat. It’s like 70 percent better now. You wait. I guess black guys can get black eyes. But I mean, he’s gonna slap me? This is keyboard warrior shit not a… I should have expected that from him cause he’s a fuckboy. You know, he’s relishing in my downfall at the hand of someone else. And he’s the kind of person, his character spoke for itself during the fight, before the fight and after the fight. So, he’s a fuckboy for real, for real. And I really wanted to knock him out, and that was the thing, I wanted to knock him out, my coach said, ‘just let it happen’. You know, in the third round he was ready to go, but I was thinking too much, I didn’t let it happen. So yeah, if you saw me, I bet you, I’ll put fucken money on it, he wouldn’t do shit, he wouldn’t slap me. He’s just trying… he’s Italy’s guy, so he has to try to be the hero for the people, so he has to try and save face, but he’s gotta talk all the shit online? You had a chance to (slap me). I was at the hotel after the fight, I was around. Why didn’t he? So yeah, fuck him.”

Haha he's really growing on me. And good for him, he was honest about his own performance and that's a good sign for a good prospect.

Pretty tough talk from a guy who’s sole TD defense is Herb Dean.

<{titihmm}>

I did laugh out loud when Vettori looked utterly shocked by the decision. The only questionable thing was how the fuck that was a split decision. It was all Israel for the first 2 rounds. Vetorri clearly needed a 10-8 or a finish and didn't come close to either.

Seems like solid introspection to me.
He’s not a completely narcissistic cunt but he’s no bitch either.

Fresh off his win over Martin Vettori at UFC on FOX 29, Israel Adesanya made an appearance on Submission Radio yesterday on video to chat about a bunch of stuff.

Some of the topics covered:
  • His win over Marvin Vettori at UFC on FOX 29
  • His harsh criticism of his own performance
  • The critics, if he was bothered by people's disappointment of him
  • The spaghetti comments and Marvin saying he'd slap him after the fight
  • Potentially fighting Brad Tavares next, their interaction during fight week
  • Derek Brunson not wanting to mention his name
  • Believing he'd finish Brunson in the first round
  • Being bullied as a kid
  • His time in Philadelphia
  • Never seeing any of the Rocky movies and more!
Some quote highlights:

On his spaghetti comments

“The Italians are being salty and I’m like, I love Italy. You know, they’re saying I was being racist because I said something about spaghetti. Who doesn’t fucken love spaghetti? And he tried to claim that if he had said something about me (he would’ve gotten in trouble). I‘m like, everyone loves fried chicken and watermelon, fuck you mean? How is that racist? I’m sick of these bitches on the internet. Like, I love spaghetti, I love lasagne, I love Italian pussy. I mean, everything, it’s fair game. It’s all fair in love and war. So, they can cry about it all they want, but hey, a win’s a win, and I stay winning.”

On Vettori being pissed off post-fight about the “spaghetti comments” and saying he’d slap Israel if he sees him again

“I wish a n**ger would. He had 15 minutes to do what, to try and slap me. Bitch, he couldn’t do shit to me. Even when people go, ‘oh I think you lost that fight’. I love his acting. He deserves an Oscar for that, for after when I got announced the winner, the way he was like (acting frustrated) and just stormed out the cage. His acting, oh *clicking fingers* bravo, bravo. His acting chops were on. He might have to pick up (an Oscar). I mean, you see me, I’m objective and I’m honest about my assessment of my performance and I know what I have to do to get better. If you have that kind of attitude when you lost the fight and you want to keep it in your head like ‘oh, I won that fight,’ and you have all these yes-men feeding you that shit like, ‘oh, you won that bro,’ I mean, he’s not gonna get far. I said after the fight, ‘I might see you at the top,’ but with this kind of attitude, fuck no, he’s going to get cut. He’s gonna get dropped soon.”

If he saw Vettori later that night

“Fuck no. If he saw me he could have (tried to slap me). I wish someone would. I mean, what’s he gonna do? He couldn’t even walk. I beat the fuck out of his front leg, he couldn’t even walk properly. So, I’m healing. My eye was fat. It’s like 70 percent better now. You wait. I guess black guys can get black eyes. But I mean, he’s gonna slap me? This is keyboard warrior shit not a… I should have expected that from him cause he’s a fuckboy. You know, he’s relishing in my downfall at the hand of someone else. And he’s the kind of person, his character spoke for itself during the fight, before the fight and after the fight. So, he’s a fuckboy for real, for real. And I really wanted to knock him out, and that was the thing, I wanted to knock him out, my coach said, ‘just let it happen’. You know, in the third round he was ready to go, but I was thinking too much, I didn’t let it happen. So yeah, if you saw me, I bet you, I’ll put fucken money on it, he wouldn’t do shit, he wouldn’t slap me. He’s just trying… he’s Italy’s guy, so he has to try to be the hero for the people, so he has to try and save face, but he’s gotta talk all the shit online? You had a chance to (slap me). I was at the hotel after the fight, I was around. Why didn’t he? So yeah, fuck him.”

Lol, I hear what he’s saying. I think he’s s good dude and a great addition to the division, can’t wait to see who he gets next

I also think Vettori will do OK in the UFC

Dear Marvin

giphy.gif

Spaghetti%20Policy%20Always%20Sunny.gif

it was good until the third round

and he totally owned marvin so it didnt mean much at that point

Cmon now

1. Anyone getting taken down by Marvin Canolli, has NO BUSINESS talking smack lol

2. watching this guy work off his back was like watching a turtle on its back

<36>

I was impressed with both guys. Israel’s talk is pretty funny here

I‘m like, everyone loves fried chicken and watermelon, fuck you mean? How is that racist? I’m sick of these bitches on the internet.

“I wish a n**ger would. He had 15 minutes to do what, to try and slap me.

He's like the anti - Woodley.

<{Joewithit}>

Both guys looked good, even if some people expected a total killing by Israel. Vettori has way better gas tank than a "top" guy like Wideman and even with that, Adesanya stuffed almost all his takedowns. Even from the bottom, he took zero damage.

Runson would get 100% flatlined against him.

Pretty tough talk from a guy who’s sole TD defense is Herb Dean.

<{titihmm}>
If you watched the fight, you would have noticed that Vettori failed to take him down multiple times. Vettori was 2/6 = 33% TD success. That is a failing grade.

His TDD was not the problem in that fight. It was his ability to get back up using proper technique.

"the last style bender" that sounds very cringeworthy

Was Vettori really triggered by spaghetti comments?! <45>

What a high-estrogen, pussified world we live in.

nice talking. and yeah to whoever said it, hes 180 woodley

This dude is awesome, I hope he works on his clinch game a bit more though.

Cmon now

1. Anyone getting taken down by Marvin Canolli, has NO BUSINESS talking smack lol

2. watching this guy work off his back was like watching a turtle on its back

<36>
Not excusing Israel's performance off of his back, but Marvin is a good grappler. Dude had success against Antonio Carlos Jr. on the ground.

Back