Has Jon Jones ever really lost an MMA fight

SpicyMayo

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Putting his controversies and out-of-ring antics aside... who has ever really come close to beating his ass in a fight?

His DQ loss to Matt Hamill... he was dominating that fight.

His NC against Cormier... he won that fight quite violently.

The one that comes close to my mind is Gustafson... which a lot argue could have gone either way.

He didn't lose a fight just like Lance Armstrong didn't lose a Tour De France.

Putting his controversies and out-of-ring antics aside... who has ever really come close to beating his ass in a fight?

His DQ loss to Matt Hamill... he was dominating that fight.

His NC against Cormier... he won that fight quite violently.

The one that comes close to my mind is Gustafson... which a lot argue could have gone either way.
I mean, did Lance Armstrong ever really lose those Tour de France titles?

He peddled faster than everyone else from 1999-2005.

No one else came really close

Yes. Hamill got the best of him and Jones has ducked the rematch ever since.

574e980471c829c2e11117c2fdca88d0.jpg

I mean, did Lance Armstrong ever really lose those Tour de France titles?

He peddled faster than everyone else from 1999-2005.

No one else came really close

If you win a race but you took an illegal shortcut, did you really win the race?
Cheating is cheating.

Lance Armstrong gets a pass though because lets be honest, every single fucking guy on the Tour De France was roiding.

If you win a race but you took an illegal shortcut, did you really win the race?
Cheating is cheating.

Lance Armstrong gets a pass though because lets be honest, every single fucking guy on the Tour De France was roiding.

If we're looking at a race from 5 years ago and the numbers 2-7 have ALL been removed from the results for doping violations.

Then you don't even really need to test the number 1 for PEDs, it's obvious he took them. Look at Silva, he beat a juiced up Sonnen, Vitor, Hendo, Bonnar and who knows who else. That's what you call an even playing field.

If we're looking at a race from 5 years ago and the numbers 2-7 have ALL been removed from the results for doping violations.

Then you don't even really need to test the number 1 for PEDs, it's obvious he took them. Look at Silva, he beat a juiced up Sonnen, Vitor, Hendo, Bonnar and who knows who else. That's what you call an even playing field.

100% agreed.

I still believe that the fight with Gustafsson is the fight that made Jones think that he required an "extra edge" to be more competitive in the future. Essentially the turning point that made him think that PEDs were the answer.

Nope, he’s never legitimately lost in the octagon.

GOAT

Still don't get why people discredit Hamill's face so much when they destroyed Jon's elbows the way it did

Gus is by far the closest anyone has ever come to beating Jon Jones in the Octagon.

We can only hope that we are lucky enough to one day see a rematch.

Nobody knows, becaue nobody has seen Jon Jones fight. You've only seen Jon Jones + PEDs fight.

He didn't lose a fight just like Lance Armstrong didn't lose a Tour De France.

Only difference here is nearly every athlete competing in the Tour De France was juicing. Then again, maybe every athlete in the UFC is juicing as well, what do I know?

Back