Michelle Waterson vs Joanne Calderwood

BigMuffler

Loli is love loli is life!
@Steel
Reaction score
Both are WMMA veterans who were highly hyped but looked somewhat underwhelming in the UFC. I'd expect Calderwood to have the advantage in the standup with her size and power, but Waterson is more well-rounded and Joanne's TDD seems mediocre. Michelle would basically be an AW fighting a FLW in this fight, but she was in a similar position in her win over Casey. Who do you think would win, the most decorated Asian female fighter in the UFC, the Karate Hottie or the pride of Scotland, Bad Mofo Jojo?

Id rather not see Jojo cut to 115 again

but obviously if they fought Id favour Jojo

Id rather not see Jojo cut to 115 again

but obviously if they fought Id favour Jojo
125 is perfect for her, she looked amazing there vs Val. If she can stay healthy she gonna make some waves there

Jojo will never fight at 115 again

/thread

125 is perfect for her, she looked amazing there vs Val. If she can stay healthy she gonna make some waves there
yeah hopefully, she's a tough fight for almost anyone in the division. the divisions is up for grabs so a Jojo on top form would be a great addition

Waterson lost to the current champ and Torres. Hardly underwhelming.

Both are WMMA veterans who were highly hyped but looked somewhat underwhelming in the UFC. I'd expect Calderwood to have the advantage in the standup with her size and power, but Waterson is more well-rounded and Joanne's TDD seems mediocre. Michelle would basically be an AW fighting a FLW in this fight, but she was in a similar position in her win over Casey. Who do you think would win, the most decorated Asian female fighter in the UFC, the Karate Hottie or the pride of Scotland, Bad Mofo Jojo?

no chance that fight happens. Calderwood is moving up to 125 and Waterson is a true atomweight.
still, have to favor Waterson. Calderwood has no fight IQ and is falters in big spots.
JoJo's a good kickboxer, but her UFC career has been abysmal thus far.

True, I guess her image is hurt by the fact she hasn't had many fights against top competition yet (besides said losses) to establish herself at SW... and preconceptions due to her size.

Calderwood is too big for 115. Waterson is too small for 115.

Couldn't believe Waterson just beat that big girl, Casey....who was pretty dumb to play the ground game vs. her. Casey was winning in standup, yet too dopey to keep it standing.

What about Waterson vs. Jedrzejczyk? Obviously Joanna will need to take a non-title fight next, and while Waterson isn't exactly #2 in the division, it'd be an interesting striker vs. striker matchup.

And she barely squeaked out a win over Casey, a fight which she would've lost if Casey didn't completely potato it. Waterson is a gatekeeper at SW, there's a better chance for her to get dropped out of the top 10 than to get into the top 5.

Couldn't believe Waterson just beat that big girl, Casey....who was pretty dumb to play the ground game vs. her. Casey was winning in standup, yet too dopey to keep it standing.
It's not like she had a choice. Waterson took her down with ease. As a LOT of people predicted would happen. Waterson has a amazing 90% takedown rate and Casey a terrible 25% takedown defense.

It's not like she had a choice. Waterson took her down with ease. As a LOT of people predicted would happen. Waterson has a amazing 90% takedown rate and Casey a terrible 25% takedown defense.
Im not the greatest mathematician but I dont think those numbers correspond well with each other lol

What about Waterson vs. Jedrzejczyk? Obviously Joanna will need to take a non-title fight next, and while Waterson isn't exactly #2 in the division, it'd be an interesting striker vs. striker matchup.
Joanna would be about a 5-1 favorite over Waterson at this point.

125 is perfect for JoJo, yes, but Waterson should not fight her or anyone at 125. She's already tiny for 115. So, this fight probably shouldn't happen due to the size difference even though it would be interesting

Im not the greatest mathematician but I dont think those numbers correspond well with each other lol

That's because they have little to do with one another.

Hottie has fought other people than Casey, and had TD attempts on them. Casey has fought other people than Hottie and had them try to take her down.

See how math works?

Hottie has fought other people than Casey, and had TD attempts on them. Casey has fought other people than Hottie and had them try to take her down.

See how math works?
oh I thought it meant for that one fight

I obviously read it wrong

See how math works?
"Hottie and Casey" does sound better than pairing Waterson and Casey or Michelle and Cortney :D

Back