Favorite Joe Roganisms

MarkHematominick

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I know the recent trend on sherdog has been to call Rogan washed up and declining in commentary skills, and he has definitely thrown some cheeseballs in the past, but he has also had some cool analogies and comparisons as well.
One that comes to mind is how he compared fighting Carlos Condit to battling a kickboxing tornado, which I thought was pretty cool, especially given how the NBK lived up to it in the Robbie Lawlor brawl.

Anyone else have any Roganisms they remember and thought were cool??

Oooooooh! He's hurt!
It's the MMA version of John Madden's "Boom!".

giphy.gif

When he cried interviewing Ronda and then cried talking about her on his podcast.

Once in a lifetime athlete.

Could beat half the men's BW division.

Ronda's a 10.

Cries while interviewing her.

Goldie: "You can hear Matt Serra calling out orders to (his fighter--can't remember how, might have been Weidman)"

Rogan: "You can hear Matt Serra from freakin' Mars!"

On the JRE podcast every fighter is either "a beast", "a savage", "a stud", or "a motherfucker".

Last edited:
MMA is high level problem solving with dire physical consequences.

- Rogan

I know the recent trend on sherdog has been to call Rogan washed up and declining in commentary skills, and he has definitely thrown some cheeseballs in the past, but he has also had some cool analogies and comparisons as well.
One that comes to mind is how he compared fighting Carlos Condit to battling a kickboxing tornado, which I thought was pretty cool, especially given how the NBK lived up to it in the Robbie Lawlor brawl.

Anyone else have any Roganisms they remember and thought were cool??
Steel thai cup

Downward elbows

Getting rid of the cage

Getting rid of gloves

Common thing he doesn't shut up about

"Man, Keith Jardine is just so hard to train for. He's just so unorthodox, Mike. How can you train for that herky-jerky, unorthodox style? You would have to shave a chimp. Just so unorthodox and herky-jerky, Mike. And he has such an underrated ground game - we just never see it because he's so herky-jerky on the feet!"

*Jardine gets dropped*

"He's hurt!"

I you listen to his podcast:

Gut flora. How bad lyme disease is. Elk meat. DMT and your third eye. The reverse hyper machine.

Goldie: "You can hear Matt Serra calling out orders to (his fighter--can't remember how, might have been Weidman)"

Rogan: "You can hear Matt Serra from freakin' Mars!"
With calls like this how can anyone not like Joe?

I like how Rogan always says that a choke attempt is "not under the neck yet," instead of "under the chin."

I do enjoy Rogan's enthusiasm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back