Fighter of Interest: Thiago Santos (GIF heavy)

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

If he improves his tdd and overall grappling, he could become a solid top 5 guy.

Just another guy Mousasi destroyed with ease and will get zero credit for.

Fun to watch but he will never be a contender.

havent paid good attention to this guy... I will now... thanks for the Gifs! <Gordonhat>

dude has some great wins, but he also has some super shitty losses. the loss to Mousasi is okay. he took the fight on short notice and Moose is a legit top-5 middleweight.

would be nice to see him against Brad Tavares next.

dude has some great wins, but he also has some super shitty losses. the loss to Mousasi is okay. he took the fight on short notice and Moose is a legit top-5 middleweight.

would be nice to see him against Brad Tavares next.

Noooo Brad was my article subject last week can't they just climb the ranks parallel? If Marreta wins that's 5 straight and probably 5 knockouts in a row, and the most knockouts in UFC middleweight history (currently tied with the SpiderGOAT) Deserves a type 5ish type of dude.

I think santos has big potential and will challenge for the title in a couple of years.

Lost some money on that Spicely fight. props to Eric for a huge win though.

Lost some money on that Spicely fight. props to Eric for a huge win though.
Hate Spicely but can't even be mad his ground work was so pretty in that fight.
giphy.gif

Noooo Brad was my article subject last week can't they just climb the ranks parallel? If Marreta wins that's 5 straight and probably 5 knockouts in a row, and the most knockouts in UFC middleweight history (currently tied with the SpiderGOAT) Deserves a type 5ish type of dude.

it's never fun to kill off two contenders at once, but this is the fight that makes the most sense.
perhaps Santos can book a fight with Gastelum, but Kelvin's one of those guys who only fights higher-ranked opponents.
so not really sure there are other good options at 185. perhaps a re-match against Uriah Hall if Hall wins this weekend, but I doubt the UFC would feed him to Paulo Costa, who seems to be the Brazilian prospect that they'll champion next. There's also Brunson and Branch, but would actually like to see those two fight each other.

it's never fun to kill off two contenders at once, but this is the fight that makes the most sense.
perhaps Santos can book a fight with Gastelum, but Kelvin's one of those guys who only fights higher-ranked opponents.
so not really sure there are other good options at 185. perhaps a re-match against Uriah Hall if Hall wins this weekend, but I doubt the UFC would feed him to Paulo Costa, who seems to be the Brazilian prospect that they'll champion next. There's also Brunson and Branch, but would actually like to see those two fight each other.

I feel they'll do Weidman-Jacare. I hope they don't, I think that big of a jump is warranted is he disposes of Branch. If Branch wins, I think they should slow things down and have him fight an 8-12 ranked fella.

Just another guy Mousasi destroyed with ease and will get zero credit for.
Somewhere along the line, Gegard has become one of the most underrated fighters in world and MIGHT be top 185er in world..... and in prime.

I Also believe that either Santos or 185 Brazilian bjj practitioner that fought Saturday night(vs T.Boetsch- name slipping my mind) will end up being title contender down the road

I feel they'll do Weidman-Jacare. I hope they don't, I think that big of a jump is warranted is he disposes of Branch. If Branch wins, I think they should slow things down and have him fight an 8-12 ranked fella.

just think Brunson vs. Branch is the way to go.

Hes not a legit contender. He smashes mediocre or average fighters but loses to the top of the division.

Hes also not a prospect as hes 33 and has 13 Ufc fights. He will probably lose to Branch.

Back