Silva/ Weidman one. I seen a few interesting comments about this recently.

frye666

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Silva absolutely thought Weidman had no right to fight him. A few people have been saying he was trying to duck with this, but no. He was refused all the big fights he wanted, especially GSP, and he was legit pissed off he had to fight Weidman. He was so pissed that even his corner told him after the first round to settle down with the clowning shit. Silva was convinced that he could have taken Chris out anytime with ease. Chris was a young guy that had serious skills and good heart. It was right about this time that Silva found out that he had lost a step. Matrix Silva had died. And he has never been seen since.

Yeah that was a brutal reality check for the Spider. I like to think the fight could have played out differently had Silva taken a more serious approach lol.

MW division was stale, UFC was dying, and they needed someone to hype. Silva clowned like crazy and took a dive for the UFC, trying to hype Weidman. But Weidman is a chump so it didn't work out.

Silva is GOAT.

Weidman had no choice but to go in their and get the W. The hurriance destroyed his land. His back was against a wall.

I shocked after watching the two camps how horrible Weidman looked compared to Silva.

It’s clear Anderson had nothing for Weidman which is why he had to resort to taunting.

Weidman was just the superior fighter and proved it a second time around also

It’s clear Anderson had nothing for Weidman which is why he had to resort to taunting.

Weidman was just the superior fighter and proved it a second time around also

Nah, not at all, but I don’t feel like having this discussion for the 247th time.

Silva absolutely thought Weidman had no right to fight him. A few people have been saying he was trying to duck with this, but no. He was refused all the big fights he wanted, especially GSP, and he was legit pissed off he had to fight Weidman. He was so pissed that even his corner told him after the first round to settle down with the clowning shit. Silva was convinced that he could have taken Chris out anytime with ease. Chris was a young guy that had serious skills and good heart. It was right about this time that Silva found out that he had lost a step. Matrix Silva had died. And he has never been seen since.

Yes, that’s what happened.

Nah, not at all, but I don’t feel like having this discussion for the 247th time.

Weidman wasn’t takin any of Silva’s bait it was pretty clear. He had no other choice but to taunt because Weidman had the advantage everywhere.

Yeah that was a brutal reality check for the Spider. I like to think the fight could have played out differently had Silva taken a more serious approach lol.

Yes, it could have played out differently. Weidman was gassed, slow, and had no TD’s left.

Weidman wasn’t takin any of Silva’s bait it was pretty clear. He had no other choice but to taunt because Weidman had the advantage everywhere.

Oh yea, just like he did in his previous fight with Bonnar.

Free punches without fighting back, no choice but this!!!

BTW, this is one of the more stupid theories on things MMA related.

Nope lmao. Stop deluding yourself. He got his stupid ass beat by a better fighter. any version of weidman kills/annihilates/humiliates/brutalizes/destroys/decimates/vanquishes/finishes anderson silva.

When looking at the landscape of the MW division these guys are not just the greatest at Silva 1. The Double Greatest.
upload_2018-3-25_16-14-3.jpeg

Nope lmao. Stop deluding yourself. He got his stupid ass beat by a better fighter. any version of weidman kills/annihilates/humiliates/brutalizes/destroys/decimates/vanquishes/finishes anderson silva.
Well, that is your opinion so who am I to disagree? I just think we see things differently.

Well, that is your opinion so who am I to disagree? I just think we see things differently.

I agree with you.
It’s pretty obvious.

The guy arguing with you has no idea what he’s talking about.

Already in 2010, at UFC 112, Anderson started to look Slower And less fluid. People started to hit him where they had missed before.I think What really got him, was his chin. A few years ago he would never even care about the shots Weidman threw. Suddenly he was rocked by weak punches. His chin used to be Andersons best weapon.

It happens to everyone eventually.

Lol I remember Silva pushing hard to fight Cung fucking Le of all people right before he had to fight Weidman pretty sure.. I could be off on this, pretty sure I'm right tho.

Perfect explanation it sucks...I was screaming and yelling at my tv when he was clowning then he got clipped and I was just shocked

Anderson got his ass beat. If you think the first was a fluke, why was he getting dominated in the rematch. Weidman just has his number. As Holloway would say, it is what it is

Oh yea, just like he did in his previous fight with Bonnar.

Free punches without fighting back, no choice but this!!!

BTW, this is one of the more stupid theories on things MMA related.
Anderson likes to try and bait guys into sloppy attacks so he can counter strike and use their attacking momentum against them. We've seen him fo it over and over.

The difference was not Anderson but it was between guys like Forrest and Bonner as compared to Weidman. Weidman was a legit bad ass who was patient standing and who had great GnP and finishes on the ground The type of fighter Anderson was lucky did not exist int eh MW division prior.

Back