World Cup 2018 quarter finals vs UFC 226

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
Dana White, the most famous MMA president of all time, mentioned once that UFC is bigger than soccer, which according to him is the least talented sport.

24ab181f2a053de8eb38300998070b09.gif

The weekend of UFC 226 is when the quarter finals will be underway for this year's world cup. Unfortunately Dana White, it will be happening in the morning/afternoon time slot, so he won't be able to show how correct he was in his statement.

giphy.gif

If you have to pick one, which would you watch?

World cup and it's not even close. I love MMA,but we're talking about the greatest/best sport on earth.

Quarter finals at World Cup can sometimes be very meh if some smaller country is playing against Spain or Brazil.

Definitely UFC, it is an amazing card

Depends who's playing.

Edit: I will end up watching both anyway.

Quarter finals at World Cup can sometimes be very meh if some smaller country is playing against Spain or Brazil.

Definitely UFC, it is an amazing card

Spain vs Argentina
Germany vs Brazil
England vs Belgium
France vs Portugal

Let's be real, hundreds of millions of people play soccer. The talent pool is insanely massive, to be at the top of the game you have to be a far better athlete than any MMA fighter.

No force on earth can stop me from watching DC vs Stipe.

Association football (soccer for short) is generally very uneventful to watch. But national teams add more excitement, and single-elimination matches are very rare in the sport, so if the score is within 1 goal in the last 10-15 minutes, it's worth a watch.

It's easy to watch highlights and replays of both sports, so I might go with World Cup after some thought. I love watching a live game and when you watch UFC live you get commercials and promo nonsense.

I don’t even know when there are certain ufc events. I’m not missing a World Cup quarterfinal.

Fortunately they're 2 of my 3 favourite sports so I'm watching as much of both as possible!

well i guess in italy we'll be watching the ufc :(

World Cup then fights

worldwide? mma, american football, boxing, etc will never touch soccer. In us soil the margin is way more narrow. A lot of people still hate soccer and i understand why.

Wont be at the same time

World cups only come round every 4 years If england are playing ill be watching...
What's thats you say?
Quarter finals?
That would be me watching the ufc then.

Back