The winner of Rivera / Moraes will probably get a TS. How do you see them matching up with TJ?

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
The winner of this fight will probably fight TJ.
Who do you think has a better game against the champ? How do you see each one matching up against him?

nBuMVt2.gif

AcrobaticAgonizingBarebirdbat.gif

Thoughts?

Really like both. Would be interesting. But think TJ will be to much.... Just has looked amazing... another reason why Mighty Mouse wont fight him.

Really like both. Would be interesting. But think TJ will be to much.... Just has looked amazing... another reason why Mighty Mouse wont fight him.
Rivera has good boxing and tdd, and he hits hard. I'd like to see this fight. I don´t think TJ would be able to take him down and the fight would be mainly on the feet.
Moares's tdd is not as good as Rivera's, so I think TJ would probably use a similar wrestling heavy strategy he used against Lineker. Moraes is obviously a more technical striker than Lineker, but that doesn´t stop takedowns. The fight would probably be a little like Assuncao vs TJ, with the champ a little more technical mixing things up.

I think Rivera is the tougher match up for TJ and will give him a run for his money but prob lose a UD in a 49-46 with all rounds being somewhat close.

Assuncao already beat Moraes and is 1-1 vs TJ. If Moraes gets a title shot over Assuncao it would be ridiculous

I think Rivera has a better shot than Moraes does, personally. It's funny how the best BWs seem way, way better than the top FLWs.

Excluding the champs of each class.

Cody
Cruz
Rivera
Assunsao
Moraes

compared to

Joe B
Cejudo

lol

I think Rivera has a better shot than Moraes does, personally. It's funny how the best BWs seem way, way better than the top FLWs.

Excluding the champs of each class.

Cody
Cruz
Rivera
Assunsao
Moraes

compared to

Joe B
Cejudo

lol
I mean Dodson and Lineker moved up and are comfortably ranked #6 and #7 at bantamweight now. Dodson in particular just went to split with Moraes who went to split with Assuncao who went to split with Dillashaw who went to split with Cruz, so not sure why you'd think there is this huge gap.

Rivera has a proven record, Moraes hasnt accomplished as much. Their performances have both been equally good but on paper, if you look at records and names, Rivera is scarier. Could end up being a good fight with TJ

Both would be interesting fights, but IMO TJ by UD in both. I'd be curious to see if Moraes could chop the legs on TJ and slow him down - then, things could get even more interesting.

Back