Does McGregor Try to Copy Some of Ali's Tactics

RAFI BOMB

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
After seeing how ridiculous some of the response have been in this thread I have decided to make changes to it. From the videos below do you think that McGregor is trying to copy some of Ali's tactics?

To clarify: are there a handful of tactics that Ali utilized that McGregor might be trying to copy in his mma fights. I am not comparing them as a whole stylistically, just on a handful of tactics. I am also not comparing their execution as Ali is clearly better at the tactics by a landslide.

This is also not a pro McGregor thread. It is a neutral analysis of whether a succesful mma fighter is trying to copy, emulate and incorporate a handful of tactics from one of the best boxers of all time.

Last edited:
Conor >>> Ali

There's trolling , but that is just sacrilegious

giphy.gif

You’d hardly be any kind of stand up fighter. Especially a boxer if you hadn’t studied Ali. Along with many others. That’s how you learn. Yeah pick and choose. Borrow a little from this guy. A little from that guy etc.

McGregor just blatantly rips people off though.

hqdefault.jpg

In a cage, Conor would maul Ali. I find no fault with these arguments.

Ali has more of well tailored look while Conor goes for the spay on suit look. Smeadium tight

Ali's skillset included defending titles, so Ali.

Plus all of Pakistan automatically supports Muhammed Ali.

LIKE HELL IRISH JABRONI IS COPYING ALI!!!!

First of all we know Mcg's boxing is shit thanks to the floyd fight; what he uses is distance management thanks to his reach and kicks to make his opponents overcommit so he can counter with his left while using a push-pull movement unlike Ali who uses a lot of footwork and jabs to make their opponents overcommit and counter.

Besides Mcg uses a karate stance, it's sacrilegious to compare one of the best HW of all time who fought wars that might kill someone with that jabroni who likes to sit on his title while ducking contenders.

Ali couldn’t throw a left like Conor can

Back