Robert Whitaker won't be the same after his health scare.

CombatScience

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
After his little health scared a few months, Whitaker won't be the same and will lose his return fight. He'll turn into Anthony Pettis, a once great fighter turned journeyman.

Romero is a tough/scary first fight coming off an injury

He can lose the fight but strong words to say he will turn into a journeyman.

Dude is a lot... and I mean a LOT more skilled than Anthony pettis. Plus way more humble.

After his little health scared a few months, Whitaker won't be the same and will lose his return fight. He'll turn into Anthony Pettis, a once great fighter turned journeyman.

And you're basing this on?

giphy.gif

Dude is a lot... and I mean a LOT more skilled than Anthony pettis. Plus way more humble.

I agree that Whittaker is a beast, but in what ways is he more skilled than Pettis?

Pettis was actually dangerous everywhere except in the pocket , though he did manage to crack Melendez with his own back against the cage.

Pettis even had decent offensive wrestling when he decided to use it. During his title run, I think he was actually one of the more skilled complete fighters around.

I agree that Whittaker is a beast, but in what ways is he more skilled than Pettis?

Pettis was actually dangerous everywhere except in the pocket , though he did manage to crack Melendez with his own back against the cage.

Pettis even had decent offensive wrestling when he decided to use it. During his title run, I think he was actually one of the more skilled complete fighters around.
Even though his hands looked a lot better against Jim Miller, his boxing has always been pretty bad in my opinion. Then he got wall and stalled against Alvarez. He has good kicks and serviceable jiu jitsu. Whittaker is better at everything except maybe kicks. My opinion. Pettis really let me down.

Even though his hands looked a lot better against Jim Miller, his boxing has always been pretty bad in my opinion. Then he got wall and stalled against Alvarez. He has good kicks and serviceable jiu jitsu. Whittaker is better at everything except maybe kicks. My opinion. Pettis really let me down.

I hear you.

I would say Whittaker is the better fighter, probably has better instincts and maybe while not as dynamically skilled, has the more important tools to be a good fighter. Good power, chin, instincts, etc.

But Pettis was a freak man. Before his slide, the only recipe for beating him was to grab hold for dear life. I wish he could make another run at it, but unfortunately I don't see it happening.

He's a fighter. Pretty sure he's had a few injuries and health scares throughout his career already.

Lol @ him turning into a journeyman like Pettis.

What is the basis of your prediction TS ? , since Robert moved up to MW he has yet to be defeated and has looked nothing short of spectacular , Pettis had loses at LW to Guida and Palaszewski before winning the title against Henderson.

whittaker is a stud

hes gonna beat yoel

I hear you.

I would say Whittaker is the better fighter, probably has better instincts and maybe while not as dynamically skilled, has the more important tools to be a good fighter. Good power, chin, instincts, etc.

But Pettis was a freak man. Before his slide, the only recipe for beating him was to grab hold for dear life. I wish he could make another run at it, but unfortunately I don't see it happening.

Back