Whittaker gives himself a "50% chance" of beating Yoel in the rematch.

Shep Proudfoot

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
“But I’m under no illusion that this fight isn’t 50-50 still. He’s an amazing athlete. He’s an amazing fighter, and he was hella annoying to fight the first time, so I’m looking forward to a real annoying fight the second time.

http://mmajunkie.com/2018/03/robert...oying-yoel-romero-ufc-225-title-fight-rematch

It's weird to hear a champ say anything other than, "I'm going to beat him." To say it's 50-50 is honest, cautious, and different.

Either way, War Cuban Missile !

<DontBelieve1> But it’s nice to see he’s giving Yoel the respect he deserves, old man is dangerous lol.

whittaker is great, stupidly good fighter and likable as fuck.

i think he beats romero again, hopefully all these problems he's been having havent affected him, dude already beat romero on one leg though.

Its hard to sell these of kind of down to earth champions. But the guy is a stud in and outside the cage.

I think it's a better mindset honestly. Going in there knowing you have to give it your all to win insead of thinking it's going to be easy for some reason.

Whittaker is humble. I wish we could have seen him beat down GSP and become more popular because of that.

Its hard to sell these of kind of down to earth champions. But the guy is a stud in and outside the cage.

Arguably the best strength of schedule in the history of the division.

He goes on an 8 fight tear to the title capping it by sleeping Brunson, CRUSHING Jacare and then beating Romero.

Really amazing dude all around.

My interest would have been piqued if he said something like 40%.....

41 is old now? Bet that "old man" could beat your ass with no legs and his arms tied behind his back. Show some fucking respect.

<DontBelieve1> But it’s nice to see he’s giving Yoel the respect he deserves, old man is dangerous lol.

Most fights are around 50-50 considering there's 2 fighters able to win.

Obviously a 'better' fighter or a fighter that matches up with his opponent better could be considered to have a higher percentage chance of winning. But IMO as long as it's not a total squash match between a beast and a can (ie see cyborg fights) most fights are at best 70-30. A fight between the champ and the #1 contender should be basically 50-50

41 is old now? Bet that "old man" could beat your ass with no legs and his arms tied behind his back. Show some fucking respect.
Lol I got nothing but respect for Yoel tough guy, 41 is getting old in combat sports.

Another reason why this guy is the first fighter in a while I consider my “favorite”.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back