Till doesn't have the cardio for 5 rounds

mikebkr

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I've just rewatched all of Till's UFC fights. The Dalby one he can be forgiven for because his shoulder was jacked going into the third, but in his fights against Ayari and Velickovic in both he comes out in the first pressing forward throwing power shots then is significantly slower by the third. In the third round in both these fights he's coasting, moving backwards, moving away from his opponent and only throwing the occasional counter. His footwork, strikes and defense is very very good, and he's able to outpoint his opponents even though he seems significantly more gassed. However his cardio doesn't seem to match his skill. I wonder how much of an impact the weight cut has on this. I predict Till losing against the elite welterweights purely because of his cardio. Wonderboy has incredible cardio and a good chin. Till has power but he TKO'd a shot Cowboy. Woodley landed bombs on Wonderboy and couldn't put him away, I can't see Till finishing Wonderboy early or being able to fight hard for 5 rounds. I don't see how he can fix his cardio in such a short space of time either. Wonderboy outpoints Till to a decision if they fight imo and this is coming from someone rooting for Till as an exciting prospect.

Wont need it because I see WB koing him in the second or third.

What is it about Sherdoggery that doesn't believe fighters can improve in between fights? Especially when motivated by having to fight a high level opponent.

Woodley landed bombs on Wonderboy and couldn't put him away, I can't see Till finishing Wonderboy early or being able to fight hard for 5 rounds.

Woodley panicked and went for the neck instead of choosing his shots for the finish.
Till ko

agreed. till is in trouble if he cant finish it in the first couple rounds

If Till really is as good as he looked his past couple of fights..he will get to the title without even seeing the fifth round.

I can’t wait to see how the fight goes, if it does come together. You can’t really predict the outcome, because there are too many unknown variables with Till, one being like you said - cardio.

What is it about Sherdoggery that doesn't believe fighters can improve in between fights? Especially when motivated by having to fight a high level opponent.

That's true. But I think a big factor is going to be doing all the media and other distractions outside of training.

Till presses forward and forces Wonderboy to fight back. Wonderboy doesn't have a huge discrepancy or advantage in the stand up and will be forced to fight, so I envision a finish here. Till will either expose WB's stand up, or WB will expose Till's. One of them is getting TKO'd.

200w.gif
Don’t need 5 round cardio if you can KO them in the 1st round

That's true. But I think a big factor is going to be doing all the media and other distractions outside of training.

He's not going to be doing Champion's media. Shouldn't be a problem

I"m with you on that.... I'm curious about how Wonderboy would approach Till... Because Thompson can make the fight exciting or a snooze and Till will be helpless to change it..... But it's possible the that Boos that Thompson has earned vs Tyron have caused him to modify his game a bit ....... However this kind of modification did nothing good for Lyoto, when he tried to become more exciting....

Both Till and Wonderboy are tactical fighters ,,,, But I think Thompson is more mature in his cage control,,,,,,,, Not to say Till could ring his bell early and change everything....

Looking forward

TS i have a big secret for you: people can improve.

Till will fuck him up badly for 2-3 rounds, if he doesn't finish him (which he probably will) he will probably coast and outpoint in the 4th and 5th. Who knows what he will look like in later rounds though honestly.

He's not going to be doing Champion's media. Shouldn't be a problem

Well, he'll be doing a lot more media than he's used to before. It's one thing doing it when you're a guest fighter at an event, but another when you're fighting in your home town.

We always hear fighters talk about how draining it is. He'll either take to it or get ratty while he's cutting weight, etc. Big pressure on him to win as well, as I think if he does, he goes on to a PPV card after that and the UFC see what sort of fan base are willing to travel over to Vegas or the States and watch him fight.

But it's possible the that Boos that Thompson has earned vs Tyron have caused him to modify his game a bit

I thought he did against Masvidal. He still did his usual stance, but he rushed in and landed strikes which I thought Masvidal wasn't expecting.

I thought he did against Masvidal. He still did his usual stance, but he rushed in and landed strikes which I thought Masvidal wasn't expecting.

That's a really good point......... And speaking of Masvidal,,,, I think he is another guy that could make even bigger waves with just a bit more 'evolution' both on attack and defense.

They all just need to fight more often !!!

Till presses forward and forces Wonderboy to fight back. Wonderboy doesn't have a huge discrepancy or advantage in the stand up and will be forced to fight, so I envision a finish here. Till will either expose WB's stand up, or WB will expose Till's. One of them is getting TKO'd.

Agreed. Wonderboy will win by TKO, unless he loses.

Back