Michel Prazeres biggest threat to Khabib outside of top-10?

TjDillashawCombo

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's interesting to see how would Khabib deal with a strong high level grappler like Prazeres. We all know what happened the last time Khabib faced another strong Brazilian. It's easy for him to ragdoll skinny guys like Michael Johnson and Barboza, but someone like Prazeres is a different story. If Prazeres wins his next fight, it will be his 7 straight win in a row, which is the third longest win streak in the division. He just need to fix his weight cut issues and he would be serious threat to Khabib reign

micheltrator_facebook.jpg

If a threat is outside the top 10 is it really worth thinking about right now?

P.s. how short is this guy?? Khabib knows how to jab now.

Prazeres can't make 55, it doesn't matter. He's moving back to WW.

His teammate, Islam makhachev, is the biggest threat to him outside of the top 10.

Mairbek is biggest threat outside top 10 I think just because he can knock fools out.

His teammate, Islam makhachev, is the biggest threat to him outside of the top 10.

this is most likely right. Feel like I've heard Islam is the best grappler of the bunch that train at AKA

Maybe it's another Kelvin Gastelum situation. Needs to be more disciplined with his diet
Discipline is definitely a part, but the guy has missed weight in three of his last four fights, and by a lot. He also had apparently a pretty massive in-octagon weight last fight. I don't think he'll be back at LW anytime soon. He was forcibly moved up in weight and is fighting a dangerous guy in Zak Cummins.

this is most likely right. Feel like I've heard Islam is the best grappler of the bunch that train at AKA

I forget the actual quote, but it was Tibau saying that he has a lot of Russian training partners at ATT who told him that Islam is the better grappler of the two, but that he doesn't have khabib's pressure.

Islam is developing a better stand up game as well.

I forget the actual quote, but it was Tibau saying that he has a lot of Russian training partners at ATT who told him that Islam is the better grappler of the two, but that he doesn't have khabib's pressure.

Islam is developing a better stand up game as well.

yeah as evidenced by the finish of Tibau.

Think Islam might become the more "well rounded" of the two but, Khabib's pressure and top game though is really unlike any other in MMA history aside from Fedor. And his career is legendary. If any of the recent past is indication, we might be witnessing another great in MMA as it unfolds.

Go watch Prazeres vs Taisumov fight. Prazeres outstriked and completely neutralized Taisumov

I've seen it and am not suggesting that Taisumov didn't decisively lose. Just saying Mairbek has legit KO power and that might be the best way to beat Khabib. I really don't see anyone outgrappling him en route to a decision victory.

Mairbek is biggest threat outside top 10 I think just because he can knock fools out.

They’ll learn soon. Get that visa boyyy

Go watch Prazeres vs Taisumov fight. Prazeres outstriked and completely neutralized Taisumov

He said he had a major staph infection but fought anyways. You know that bacteria infection thing that feasts at your skin?

Discipline is definitely a part, but the guy has missed weight in three of his last four fights, and by a lot. He also had apparently a pretty massive in-octagon weight last fight. I don't think he'll be back at LW anytime soon. He was forcibly moved up in weight and is fighting a dangerous guy in Zak Cummins.
It sucks that he can't make weight. Khabib himself struggles with the weight cut. They really need to introduce 165 division

Khabib would have to crouch to clinch with this guy
So he might be the hardest fight after all.

It sucks that he can't make weight. Khabib himself struggles with the weight cut. They really need to introduce 165 division
Hmm I feel more like a bit more discipline would get them to LW or trimming some muscle down.

Hmm I feel more like a bit more discipline would get them to LW or trimming some muscle down.
Difficult but possible. In the 155-165 divisions Prazeres is one of the most underrated and dangerous contenders for sure

Back