Should Weidman follow suit...

oldschoolmmafan

Black Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
And make a move to 205, I think Rockhold will have more success at LHW as the weight cut was brutal for him and he was a huge middleweight. The same can be said for Weidman, thoughts? How do you think Rockhold and weidman would go with a run at 205?
145343900.jpg
CormierWeidmanChamps.jpg

He should just fight.

Feels like forever since he went ahead and choked Kelvin.

They could make 205 great again lol at the very least some new blood would be spilled at 205.

They'd add to the pool of talent, but I have doubts that Weidman will suddenly regain his past form and become a top contender.

Then you are removing all the draws from the 185 division if the big 3: Bisping, Weidman and Rockhold go.

The only mma fans who have hear of Yoel or Forest are : " Forums Fight Discussion UFC Discussion"

He's not a huge pussy, so he's fine fighting where he's at.

Pre USADA, maybe. Now? I don't think so.

is rockhold wearing lipstick in that photo lol

i feel weidman would benefit more from a move up than rockhold would.

205 is legit terrible. Both could be top 5 and maybe a contender... Rockhold might have a harder time with that chin against the guys that Bang...

If any MWs have been entertaining the idea of moving to LHW, now is certainly the time. LHW is the weakest it's been in the modern era of the sport. I don't think Luke or Weidman would be all that competitive against DC or Gus, but the division is wide open and the path to a title shot would be much easier than at MW. I imagine Weidman could "earn" a title shot at LHW after a single win.

It feels a bit similar to the relative slump in talent at WW, and the resulting influx of LWs (although WW is obviously better than LHW).

Weidman-Rockhold 2 at 205 sounds dope

If any MWs have been entertaining the idea of moving to LHW, now is certainly the time. LHW is the weakest it's been in the modern era of the sport. I don't think Luke or Weidman would be all that competitive against DC or Gus, but the division is wide open and the path to a title shot would be much easier than at MW. I imagine Weidman could "earn" a title shot at LHW after a single win.

It feels a bit similar to the relative slump in talent at WW, and the resulting influx of LWs (although WW is obviously better than LHW).
I don't think Weidman is to far off of a title shot at middleweight and has a genuine chance of getting the belt back, Whittaker vs Weidman would be a great fight. Like you said though, both guys could likely make an easy run to the title shot at LHW with the current state of the division.

Last edited:
It looks like Cormier, Rockhold, and Cain were having a three-way makeout session moments before that pic was taken

205 is insanely weak. Everybody should just move up if they’re struggling to cut to 185 honestly. The time to strike is now. Cormier isn’t going back down to 205. I don’t see it.

Back