Why would the Werdum fight have been different if Cain had endless cardio?

Final Say

So Icey Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
How do you see the fight going?

He was taking big damage even in the first round, which he won. More cardio wouldn't have stopped this damage from accumulating over four more rounds.

So what's the logic behind the sea level Cain myth? He would've out pointed Werdum over five and won a decision?

Nope the Thai clinch did Cain in, wrestling cardio wouldn’t have helped him

Every fight would be different if everyone had endless cardio.

This is not a video game. You can't type IDDQD and keep going endlessly

Because his usual pressure tires the other guy out. Not rocket science

Well I understand that... but my question is how the fight would have gone if we had Sea level Cain? Why would the end result be much different?

Because his usual pressure tires the other guy out. Not rocket science
Yeah but without the threat of the takedown and him losing in the clinch, he looked like he was outmatched standing.

It wasn't the cardio that did him in in the first place.

Werdum's cardio was worse than Cain's in that fight, how do you like that one? He was older and more bothered by the altitude than Cain yet won.

It wasn't the cardio that did him in in the first place.

Werdum's cardio was worse than Cain's in that fight, how do you like that one? He was older and more bothered by the altitude than Cain yet won.

It's almost like getting punched, kicked, and kneed tires out the guy getting his ass beat!

*covert-Stipe-thread detected*

we get it-

there are rabid BJ fans, GSP fans, Fedor fans, Shogun fans, Conor fans, et al.

is it a bit unexpected youre a foaming mouth maniac for Miocic?
yes.

but totally allowed.

and Cain still whups him.

He was taking big damage even in the first round, which he won. More cardio wouldn't have stopped this damage from accumulating over four more rounds.

So what's the logic behind the sea level Cain myth? He would've out pointed Werdum over five and won a decision?
Pretty sad concept... Nobody talks about Sea-Level Melendez who fought on the very same card...

Making a topic about a fight that happened in '15

Wasteland

we get it-

there are rabid BJ fans, GSP fans, Fedor fans, Shogun fans, Conor fans, et al.

is it a bit unexpected youre a foaming mouth maniac for Miocic?
yes.

but totally allowed.

and Cain still whups him.
Man, there is nothing I want more than a Cain v Stipe match. It's the Cro Cop/Nog v fedor of the modern heavyweight division.
Making a topic about a fight that happened in '15

Wasteland
Lmao yes, we should never talk about old fights ever again.

Well, then Caine wouldn’t have gassed and got his ass kicked as badly as he did.

.you can tell right away cains not himself and is getting tired..cain is ussually the one who's pressuring and tiring people out..he fell off way to fast energy wise in this fight..either way thats his fault for not acclimating to the locations hes fighting in and he lost big time..but this fight under other circumstances is probably a very competitive fight..more of a war

L
4d4a38d8ad84eb52c9532d98b60e77da84a51983_00.gif
<36>

Ring rust seemed to be a much bigger factor then his overall cardio in that fight.

He seemed to be moving at half speed long before either fighter should have been getting tired yet. Add to that a poor acclimatizing to high elevation and you got a sloppy slow Cain....very different look from his pre injury fights.

Back in high school I used to have a mental thing where I'd stick my arms out like the konami code to make myself do better in track.

Back