How many legit interim champions have there been?

wilKO

Green, White & Gold belt
@Steel
Reaction score
We all know that you aren't a real UFC fighter if you haven't received an interim belt. It's part of the sign on bonus in this era. But how many Interim Champions were legitimate world champions in your eyes?

Khabib vs Tony: Obviously the winner of this fight is the legitimate LW champion in my mind.

Whitaker: he was shafted so GSP could fight for an easy belt.

Big Nog: Randy was the HW champion and ducked Nog so he could chase Fedor in another organisation. Nog fought for the interim belt and won. He then beat the absolute piss out of Randy when he returned which showed us all that his interim title was legit.

Any others? I feel like people shit on guys like Nog for being "interim champions" when the reality is there have been a few interim champions who deserved to be called legitimate champions.

Good thread bro. Renan Barao as well. When you consider how long Cruz was out for.

Agree with the OP and first poster. Did BJ get an interim title for beating Joe Daddy? If so; legit!

Max Holloway as Interim Champ was laughable. Especially since Aldo was healthy and Max beat Pettis to win the Interim belt.

AA because of Mir's accident. Conor because Aldo pulled out...though less legit than with boneless Frank. Holloway's since Conor wasn't coming back. Nog because Randy left. Randy cuz Tito had his "movies". Penn vs Stevenson was thought to be for Interim because of Sherk's roids, but was made for the real one. Barao since Cruz had a longtime injury without a comeback timeline like Mir.

Thick sread brah.

I will add Randy vs Chuck for Interim title at UFC 43.

Tito didn't want to fight his "friend" Chuck so Randy cut to 205 and fought Chuck for the real UFC LHW title

Randy Couture after ragdolling Chuck I’m Tito’s absence then spanking the Huntington Beach Bad Boy to unify.

Randy is answer

Tito was 5 time champ but randy made him look silly and no 1 contender

Lol @ ducking nog to go and fight best at time

He was a UFC fighter. Wasn't Conor getting assassinated for fucking Khabib and Tony to fight one of the greatest boxers in history in boxing?

Back