Why is the Colby-RDA Fight for an Interim Belt?

Because Woodley had shoulder surgery and won't be ready to fight till July, which will be a full year since his last fight.

But mainly, to provide an incentive to Colby/RDA to accept the fight and to force Woodley to fight the winner. It's a little weird, but a decent business move by the UFC.

UFC trying to hype the event more with a bullshit belt.

Because Woodley had shoulder surgery and won't be ready to fight till July, which will be a full year since his last fight.

But mainly, to provide an incentive to Colby/RDA to accept the fight and to force Woodley to fight the winner. It's a little weird, but a decent business move by the UFC.
Thank you. One excellent response more than makes up for the first three three idiotic responses.

makes no sense. wood had 4 title fights in one year

Woodley got injured and his rehab means he won’t be good to go until summer.

I don’t really like Woodley, but didn’t he defend like 3 times in a year prior to this? It is ridiculous.

Agree with everything you said exceptu UFC has to force Woodley to fight. Woodley really wants GSP but at the end of the day he's going to fight anyone put in front of him.

It's more so that RDA and Colby were going to sit on the sidelines until they got a title shot. This solves that problem.

This fight should have been booked directly after Colby made the filthy animal comments and RDA chewed up Ruthless.

I don't get this.
Money. The UFC belt is a promotional tool the UFC can bestow on any fighter who wins any given fight. This a paraphrase of a statement the UFC made on the record. And still, there are fans acting confused and baffled by the UFC's tactics. LOL

Don’t like the fake belt but I like how the fight is going to be a 5 rounder

Money. The UFC belt is a promotional tool the UFC can bestow on any fighter who wins any given fight. This a paraphrase of a statement the UFC made on the record. And still, there are fans acting confused and baffled by the UFC's tactics. LOL
You could have answered the question without the condescending LOL comment, but assholes will be assholes. Pardon me for not being as smart as you.

Thank you. One excellent response more than makes up for the first three three idiotic responses.
He's healed and refusing to fight RDA. Sherdog had a story about it, his tweet says he wants Diaz

You could have answered the question without the condescending LOL comment, but assholes will be assholes. Pardon me for not being as smart as you.
Why do you choose to interpret my laughter as "condescending?" I don't have any ill will against anyone. If I reply to a thread, it is because I am interested in the topic.

I don't chase people around in threads trying to be a jerk or an asshole. My attitude is "I am in my basement having a few beers with good friends and engaging in friendly banter." That is all.

I don't take anything that I say or is said in this forum to heart. It is just "friendly banter among good friends."

because Tyron not fighting.

And when he does want to fight hes going to be asking for nate, nick or GSP.

To be honest... champs waiting for moneyfights is annoying... I dont mind this interim belt. That way the winner for sure gets the titleshot and Woodley wont be able to wait for a moneyfight otherwise he'll get stripped.

Lol Colby with that terrible standup is gonna die in Brazil. Pun intended.

Because #1 Contender fights are now for interim belts.

Fuck knows why.

Because #1 Contender fights are now for interim belts.

Fuck knows why.

I think it's fantastic and I'll tell you why.

1. It generates additional excitement and interest among nearly all fans, except the 1% hardest of hardcore.
2. This makes it a #1 contender fight that actually (almost 100%) guarantees the winner will get a shot at the champion barring injuries. How many times in the past have you heard Dana White say, it's a #1 contender fight, then say the results were boring so forget that he said it was a #1 contender fight.
3. Champions don't like to fight anymore. Once, maybe twice a year if we're lucky. Better to know the next best guy since the champion might end up sitting out for a celebrity opponent.

Back