Its funny how things that meant a lot to you change....

Evenflow80

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
** this is UFC related, don't worry**

Just read on the news today that the Craigslist Personal section is closing due to it being infested with prostitutes. Not sure about all of you, but I made a killing back in my golden years (2004-2007) on Craigslist casual encounters section. Literally slept with 70+ women just using that site.

Then there is Toys R' Us. Again, not sure about all of you, but I grew up with TRU and have been taking my now 5 year old son every weekend there. Even as a 36 year old adult I still get this excitment walking into that store and remembering how I felt as a kid. Now that is gone too. I can't even get myself to go say goodbye because I'll be heartbroken to see such a joyous place be so gloomy and dark.

I was a huge Star Wars nerd all my life. In fact I had an entire room FULL of memorabilia I collected over 20+ years. When my son was born and we needed a room I boxed them all up in a dozen boxes and took to storage. Now with the Last Jedi making it clear that the Star Wars I grew up with my entire life is dead and buried, replaced by a soulless, vapid, Disneyfied SJW crap churned out by a corporate mill.

Finally.... the UFC.....while not as dramatic as the above examples, I've worked in enough places to know that buyouts/mergers, etc almost always tend to mean the old is dead and in with the new. We've lost so many influental people like Joe Silva, Mike Goldberg, and Stitch due to this merger. While I was never a fan, I can admit that people like Jon Jones and Ronda Rousey were good for business as it attracted main stream attention. Now the UFC is basically run like a circus with champs refusing to defend and "super fights" piss on all the divisional rankings. Every fighter is now apparently an accountant worrying about "their brand" and complaining about Reebok money. The new announcing teams suck and I miss Goldberg. Ever since Joe Silva left the matchmaking hasn't been as great. The only fight I have been excited about for 2 years now is Khabib and Ferguson, and who knows if it will ever actually happen as it appears to be cursed.

Letting the past die.... but sometimes it gets to be too much and instead you start to die a little bit on the inside.

Wonder if anyone else feels the same way.....

It’s life bruh, things change, also

look-fam-its-not-that-deep-1703421.png

"Craigslist Personal section is closing due to it being infested with prostitutes. Not sure about all of you, but I made a killing back in my golden years"

thought TS would come out as an ex-prostitute....

dissapointed

"Craigslist Personal section is closing due to it being infested with prostitutes. Not sure about all of you, but I made a killing back in my golden years"

thought TS would come out as an ex-prostitute....

dissapointed
I think he did. He said he “made a killing “

** this is UFC related, don't worry**

Just read on the news today that the Craigslist Personal section is closing due to it being infested with prostitutes. Not sure about all of you, but I made a killing back in my golden years (2004-2007) on Craigslist casual encounters section. Literally slept with 70+ women just using that site.

Then there is Toys R' Us. Again, not sure about all of you, but I grew up with TRU and have been taking my now 5 year old son every weekend there. Even as a 36 year old adult I still get this excitment walking into that store and remembering how I felt as a kid. Now that is gone too. I can't even get myself to go say goodbye because I'll be heartbroken to see such a joyous place be so gloomy and dark.

I was a huge Star Wars nerd all my life. In fact I had an entire room FULL of memorabilia I collected over 20+ years. When my son was born and we needed a room I boxed them all up in a dozen boxes and took to storage. Now with the Last Jedi making it clear that the Star Wars I grew up with my entire life is dead and buried, replaced by a soulless, vapid, Disneyfied SJW crap churned out by a corporate mill.

Finally.... the UFC.....while not as dramatic as the above examples, I've worked in enough places to know that buyouts/mergers, etc almost always tend to mean the old is dead and in with the new. We've lost so many influental people like Joe Silva, Mike Goldberg, and Stitch due to this merger. While I was never a fan, I can admit that people like Jon Jones and Ronda Rousey were good for business as it attracted main stream attention. Now the UFC is basically run like a circus with champs refusing to defend and "super fights" piss on all the divisional rankings. Every fighter is now apparently an accountant worrying about "their brand" and complaining about Reebok money. The new announcing teams suck and I miss Goldberg. Ever since Joe Silva left the matchmaking hasn't been as great. The only fight I have been excited about for 2 years now is Khabib and Ferguson, and who knows if it will ever actually happen as it appears to be cursed.

Letting the past die.... but sometimes it gets to be too much and instead you start to die a little bit on the inside.

Wonder if anyone else feels the same way.....

Wow

You wrote all this just to say you miss Mike Goldberg and Joe Silva?

I think perception is reality in a way. But you forget about all the shit cards of the past that we endured. The only problem now is that there is an oversaturation of cards.

Go through Wikipedia and you will be shocked at how shitty some of the cards of yesteryear were. You may recognize most of the names but forget a lot of the names on the under card/lower card were nobodies at the time.

There are tons of new stars on the rise. Look at Alex Hernandez, Paulo Costa, Brian Ortega, etc. Khabib vs. Tony is maybe the best LW fight of all time. We are getting a superfight with the most dominant HW champion (most defenses) going up against a guy who would be considered the best LHW in history if it wasn't for Jon Jones, and is a former Strikeforce HW Grand-Prix winner, etc, etc. RDA vs. Colby will be a spectacle in Brazil.

Stop listening to Justin Timberlake "Cry Me A River". Things change, move on, adapt

Last edited:
You sound like that uncle that keeps reminiscing on the "good ole days" instead of doing something with his life in the present moment.

Things always seem better than they were when you think about it 10 years later.

Wow

You wrote all this just to say you miss Mike Goldberg and Joe Silva?

I think perception is reality in a way. But you forget about all the shit cards of the past that we endured. The only problem now is that there is an oversaturation of cards.

Go through Wikipedia and you will be shocked at how shitty some of the cards of yesteryear were. You may recognize most of the names but forget a lot of the names on the under card/lower card were nobodies at the time.

There are tons of new stars on the rise. Look at Alex Hernandez, Paulo Costa, Brian Ortega, etc. Khabib vs. Tony is maybe the best LW fight of all time. We are getting a superfight with the most dominant HW champion (most defenses) going up against a guy who would be considered the best LHW in history if it wasn't for Jon Jones, and is a former Strikeforce HW Grand-Prix winner, etc, etc. RDA vs. Colby will be a spectacle in Brazil.

Stop listening to Justin Timberlake "Cry Me A River". Things change, move on, adapt
Wtf is this shit man... I'm still pissed about my thread gettin wastelanded, but this mofo talking about shit that got nothin to do with mma... then starts singing along boy band songs over Goldberg and Silva... is still in the heavies...
tenor.gif

So you where a prostitute from 04 to 07 you hooker you im glad you stopped and have a normal job.

The only fight I have been excited about for 2 years now is Khabib and Ferguson

Really? You're not excited for Stipe/DC? Or Holloway/Ortega? You weren't excited for DC/Jones? Or Stipe/Francis? Or Dillashaw/Garbrandt? Or Holloway/Aldo? Or Whittaker/Romero? Or Conor/Alvarez?

Come on man. It's easy to reminisce about the past, but when you do that too much you tend to miss out on the present. Sure there's some weird shit going on in the UFC right now, but there's also tons of good matchups being made regularly. To say otherwise is just being ignorant.

Really? You're not excited for Stipe/DC? Or Holloway/Ortega? You weren't excited for DC/Jones? Or Stipe/Francis? Or Dillashaw/Garbrandt? Or Holloway/Aldo? Or Whittaker/Romero? Or Conor/Alvarez?

Come on man. It's easy to reminisce about the past, but when you do that too much you tend to miss out on the present. Sure there's some weird shit going on in the UFC right now, but there's also tons of good matchups being made regularly. To say otherwise is just being ignorant.

I was exaggerating a bit. I was excited about Holloway Ortega and Francis Stipe. But that's about it. I just remember back in the day not a month went by when I had a whole lot of fights queued up I was excited about.

We were too poor to buy toys. My dad was a plasterer and dont think he ever made over 30K a year with 8 kids. We got things like a fruit basket my mom made for Christmas and pencils/notebooks for school. One of the things i miss tough was big neighborhood cookouts in the barrio (east LA). Today I live in 5000 sqft gated house with all insular people around.

Anyway i totally agree with you and dont buy PPVs anymore and cancelled fightpass due to circus bullshit. It's having an effect. Go back and look at glory day 2009-2010 PPV draws avg was like 500K. Now 300K is a good show.

We were too poor to buy toys. My dad was a plasterer and dont think he ever made over 30K a year with 8 kids. We got things like a fruit basket my mom made for Christmas and pencils/notebooks for school. One of the things i miss tough was big neighborhood cookouts in the barrio (east LA). Today I live in 5000 sqft gated house with all insular people around.

Anyway i totally agree with you and dont buy PPVs anymore and cancelled fightpass due to circus bullshit. It's having an effect. Go back and look at glory day 2009-2010 PPV draws avg was like 500K. Now 300K is a good show.

U're in prison fam?

Back