Will Cub sing Frankie's Swansong?

BigMuffler

Loli is love loli is life!
@Steel
Reaction score
I like Frankie but there would be some mildly amusing irony in this. Cub lost badly the last time they fought but was outstriking Ortega before the sub, on the feet a Frankie whose chin has just been cracked might be in real danger. What are the chances that Swansong "Chuck Liddells" Edgar?

Swans don't sing and neither do Cubs. There's your Answer.
giphy.gif

These guys never retire gracefully. They normally rack up a 6 fight brutal KO losing streak before disappearing completely.

Frankie always said he'd retire if he felt he couldn't hang at the top anymore. Granted, Cub is also another vet, I think aside from getting back in the win column Frankie is thinking if he loses to someone he easily beat not more than a few years ago he'll hang them up.

Much better style matchup for an aging Frankie with a possible more suspect chin I'd say, doesn't need to keep it standing to win.

Pun-tastic title.
Swan-tastic.

Cub is a highly ranked Whipping Boy in the same vein of Dustin Poirier. H is nothing more than a stepping stone to a title shot.

Even if he loses, why would he retire? How many times as Cub came back from defeat. Money to be made and fights to fight

I don’t understand the underestimating of Cub, I’ll be the first to say I was a but surprised by their first fight... I was really expecting a back and forth type fight, with Frankie winning 48-47/49-46(but with close close rounds)..

Cub has some decent power and Father Time is a mother fucker In mma... Guys get old and chinny overnight.. Still would pick Frankie, but Cub always has a shot. He’s been a perennial top 4-7 Featherweight for 10 years.. Frankie is an all time great tho.. Not the greatest rematch ever, but there are worse fights that could have been made...

I like Frankie but there would be some mildly amusing irony in this. Cub lost badly the last time they fought but was outstriking Ortega before the sub, on the feet a Frankie whose chin has just been cracked might be in real danger. What are the chances that Swansong "Chuck Liddells" Edgar?

No, Cub will keep fighting after he loses again.

Like both guys but Frankie is just better.

Cub is not a hitter. He's a really great striker and incredibly entertaining, but he's not a power puncher.

Edgar for his part is going to have a second wrestling match with Cub, for which he will likely have no answer.

Back