facts about Tony vs Khabib

Dionysian

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
1. FACT: Tony and Khabib have the two longest win streaks in the history of UFC's LW. This includes every champ ever.

2. FACT: If Khabib wins he joins a very exclusive club (10-0 in the UFC). This has technically been reached only by Royce and Anderson.

3. FACT: Conor has set the record for the longest period for any champ to not have a single defense to his belt. Ever/in any division. All while uninjured. Not even counting his belt time at fw.

4. OPINION: If Conor and their opponent from 223 didn't exist, either Khabib or Tony would now be a multiple-time defending champ of the deepest division. They would currently be ranked #1 P4P by the UFC (over MM). Instead, due to deadlock, neither is on the list/they were recently ranked far below Michael Bisping P4P.

5. OPINION: Tony and Khabib are tied for the hardest ever road to an undisputed title shot.

6. FACT: Despite all the above, some Conor fans will likely discredit the winner to justify him not fighting them.

7. OPINION: If the winner of this fight beats Conor, that fighter has essentially cleaned out their division. Never in the history of the sport could you say that about a newly crowned champ, even moreso considering it is arguably the deepest division.

8. OPINION: If this card does less than 500k it shows the casuals have won/UFC is dying/the sky is falling/insert hyperbole here.

What do you think? Do you have similar opinions based on the facts above?

Last edited:
Whoever wins this fight is the true LW champ.

Conor has never defended a belt in his whole life, and he has sat this one out to let the two top LWs fight each other, RATHER than defend the belt.

Both Cucuy and Khabib are real fighters and the best of the division.

The first time two fighters with crazy win streaks fight for the title (9vs10)
Both LW Goat contenders
Neither was finished in UFC

1. FACT: Tony and Khabib have the two longest win streaks in the history of UFC's LW. This includes every champ ever.

2. FACT: If Khabib wins he joins a very exclusive club (10-0 in the UFC). This has technically been reached only by Royce and Anderson.

3. FACT: Conor has set the record for the longest period of not defending a title in the history of the sport. All while unijured.

4. OPINION: If Conor and their opponent from 223 didn't exist, either Khabib or Tony would now be a multiple-time defending champ of the deepest division. They would currently be ranked #1 P4P by the UFC (over MM). Instead, due to deadlock, neither is on the list/they were recently ranked far below Michael Bisping P4P.

5. OPINION: Tony and Khabib are tied for the hardest ever road to an undisputed title shot.

6. FACT: Despite all the above, some Conor fans will likely discredit the winner to justify him not fighting them.

7. OPINION: If the winner of this fight beats Conor, that fighter has essentially cleaned out their division. Never in the history of the sport could you say that about a newly crowned champ, even moreso considering it is arguably the deepest division.

8. OPINION: If this card does less than 500k it shows the casuals have won/UFC is dying/the sky is falling/insert hyperbole here.

What do you think? Do you have similar opinions based on the facts above?
Totally with you!

Opinion: they will probably fight each other at least 2-3 times over the course of their careers.

Why is Conor part of a thread called Facts about Tony vs. khabib.

Do you even dream about Conor?

Why did you call this ‘facts about Tony and khabib’ and then whinge about Conor McGregor?

Why did you call this ‘facts about Tony and khabib’ and then whinge about Conor McGregor?
Do you not understand cause and effect? He is the champ of 155. Them being underranked/pissing away primes/being underpaid millions is the direct result of him refusing to perform his job/fight. This isnt complex...

Sounds good.

Fact no 3: Is that right? I thought that was Cain Velasquez? More than 600 days. Conor has less than 500 days.

Edit: Cruz went 828 days before he was stripped. GSP also went 567 days without defending.

Opinion 4: I don't think so..

Last edited:
I'm with TS on most of these facts and opinions.

#6 is more like an opinion since you don't know (hence the word probably). But yeah I think it will be like that.

Sounds good.

Fact no 3: Is that right? I thought that was Cain Velasquez? More than 600 days. Conor has less than 500 days.

Edit: Cruz went 828 days before he was stripped. GSP also went 567 days without defending.

Bet conorino hit the 3 years mark easy without fighting?

Edit, 3 years WITHOUT ínjuries!

Last edited:
Sounds good.

......... before you post maybe you should read fact 3 again. It says "All while unijured."
Cain GSP Cruz all had injuries that needed surgery.

Some more facts:

Tony Ferguson is American.
Khabib Nurmagomedov is Russian.

You're welcome.

Fact: Like it or not if conor actually come back and beats the winner he will be the goat lightweight

Opinion: they will probably fight each other at least 2-3 times over the course of their careers.
i honestly don't think so.

khabib will maul him, there will be absolutely no need for a rematch. ferguson is a bad motherfucker, but khabib is just a nightmare matchup for him.

Back