Should Jorge Masvidal retire?

Parang

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
It wouldve been a big win if he beat Wonderboy, but he couldnt that night. Hes not that old but hes got a lot of fights under his belt. Should he hop out?

I'd say hell no unless he wants to. A bunch of close losses and he hasn't taken much damage. Overall really good career.

He brings it every time he fights. He has 3 to 5 years left.

Nah. He needs to keep following Bisping around and harassing him like he's been doing for the last year and a half.

Hes went the distance 27 times, thats pretty insane

Every fighter that isn't a champion or in contention should retire, per some sherdoggers. So, I guess so.

I'd say hell no unless he wants to. A bunch of close losses and he hasn't taken much damage. Overall really good career.
To add to this he's getting like $70-80K just to show (not including win bonus) so if injuries aren't bad, fight another 3 to 4 years and save up.

He should get a good nutritionist and some self-discipline to lose the love handles, so he can make 155 easily. There's no reason to carry around extra fat as a professional fighter outside of heavyweight.

his body has a lot of "MMA Miles" but he seems to still be able to go hard. hopefully he does a robbie lawler type resurgence/run one day

Fuck no, he will produce some highlight reel KOs in the next couple of years and hopefully retire some deadwood from the division

Loses a close fight vs Maia and then loses to the guy that KTFO'd the MW champ, and as a blown up welter? Neh. Few fighters become champion, and tho .I don't think he will ever become a champion, I suspect that he can still hang with pretty much most elite fighters at LW and WW. And, for what it's worth, many of his "defeats" were razor close split decision with many that should have gone with way (Ragin' Al e.g.)

He should have retired with Hendricks and GSP with that robbery decision against George Saint Iaquinta.

Fuck no, he will produce some highlight reel KOs in the next couple of years and hopefully retire some deadwood from the division
LOL! No. He has 1 KO and only 4 finishes in his last 22 fights over 9 years.

I have no clue whatsoever why Sherdoggers think this guy is some sort of killer. He is not.

He's always good for a fun fight. They will pay him well enough to stick around.

Lol people here were saying he could beay woodley. What a joke. In saying that i believe he beat maia in their fight. I want to see him vs ponzi or till or usman. If he cant beat any one of them then he should not retire. I would consider him elite if he beats one of them. He is a good fighter but not top 5 material imo. Maybe fringe top 10. Kind of like bisping. He is number 7-10. Who wins between him and colby normally? I feel colby gets the better of him from what i heard.

Back