Why was Covington moved along faster than Usman?

KB Warrior

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I think Usman is the better fighter but the UFC has showcased Colby and just given Usman matches vs opponents that nobody cares about. Seems like the UFC must like Colby more for some reason.

He's right skin color IMO. I've seen it over and over. Guys like Ferg and Max have to win 10-11 in a row before TS and so will Usman. Meanwhile Conors and Tills starightlined to TS. Conor fought #19 Dennis Sever for his TS.

They tried to give Colby TS in Dec but Woodley turned it down because obvious bias. I like Woodley turned it down and doesnt take UFC's shit.

Colby has been with the company slightly longer and has more fights with them.

It's because people accepted a fight with Colby, people have been ducking usman for at least a year. I remember there being threads on sherdog about it last summer and luke Thomas talking about it on his podcast. Dana said he's the hardest person to book in the division. He can't make people fight

3UnTLlc.gif
You really have no idea or guess as to why Covington is being pushed over Usman..?

He's right skin color IMO. I've seen it over and over. Guys like Ferg and Max have to win 10-11 in a row before TS and so will Usman. Meanwhile Conors and Tills starightlined to TS. Conor fought #19 Dennis Sever for his TS.

They tried to give Colby TS in Dec but Woodley turned it down because obvious bias. I like Woodley turned it down and doesnt take UFC's shit.
<3>

It’s because the UFC is racist!!

Am I doing it right?

Hard to get a top fight when everyone ducks you like they have Usman. Hell Magana himself ducked Usman.

Beat the last guy that fought for the belt without getting people bored to death, unlike the champ, also, he moved the needle, there is no such thing as bad publicity...

This. 100% Correct.

Any idiot with half a brain knows that Usman is 10 times the fighter that Cannington is.

Last edited:
Because he's a easier fight which means top fighters accepted to fight him.

UFC can't force these ducks to fight Usman...Unfortunately

Because eveyone wants to see him get his ass whooped already. Well that and he talked himself into the ass whooping he is about to receive. It’s too bad the UFC couldn’t find a Brazilian to give it to him but it will still be nice watching RDA break his face.

Despite being very similar fighters, White hates blacks.

Also, CC's recent wins are slightly better and "filthy animals" bit put him on the map. UFC wants tot sell tix. CC is the more popular guy.

Back