Does Zuffa Boxing mean the end of MMA?

cakemuncher

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
It seems that Dana's insatiable greed for money will prevail and he'll shift focus towards boxing.

How will that impact MMA?

Discuss.

<Dana05>

I don't think Dana can assemble a stable of boxers that are marketable or profitable enough to match the kind of money the number of UFC events collect inside of a year. The UFC will be still be Zuffa's breadwinner. It's definitely not a good luck for the MMA fighters that are getting paid significantly less than the boxers, though (a potential $500 million multi-fight deal with Anthony Joshua?? Really??)

They need to just stop all this Zuffa Boxing talk right now

Bellator
Rizin
ACB

I'm good. I lost interest in the UFC anyway

I think WME/UFC's greed is going to get the better of them in the long run. Not sure how they plan on circumventing the Ali Act. Putting on "mixed" cards isn't going to cut it when they claim it's still MMA but featuring boxers following boxing rules.

It seems that Dana's insatiable greed for money will prevail and he'll shift focus towards boxing.

How will that impact MMA?

Discuss.

<Dana05>
How is this his decision when he is a minority owner in a corporate entity?

I think WME/UFC's greed is going to get the better of them in the long run. Not sure how they plan on circumventing the Ali Act. Putting on "mixed" cards isn't going to cut it when they claim it's still MMA but featuring boxers following boxing rules.
Its easy to circumvent something that has basically never been enforced (Al Hayman and PBC).

Back