Have Any UFC Decisions Been Overturned Without a Failed Drug Test?

kungfuron

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
We've definitely seen some fights that ended with a controversial decision but have any of them been overturned?

I've seen a decision overturned outside the UFC without a failed drug test but I can't recall any happening in the UFC even though there have been plenty of fighters who have said they would file a petition with the governing body.

Sometimes, they aren't even overturned with a failed test (see Lesnar v Overeem).

Then there's this decision:

This was changed to a majority draw.

Didn’t anthony Johnson get one overturned?

The eye poke one?

I get the sense that you're asking whether any "robbery" decisions have been overturned; that is, have any decisions been overturned based on a second-guessing of the judge's scoring? The answer, so far as I am aware, is no. Unless there was a scoring/counting error (as in the Johnson vs. McCall I, above), the decision remains.

Can't think of one of the top of my head (other than the DJ/McCall fight above), but I remember being confused with Jessica Eye's win over Sarah Kaufman being overturned, because I swear I initially read about a Texas commissioner saying that it was getting overturned because it was a horrible decision and the judges were incompetent, but then Eye failed the drug test for weed and that suddenly became the reason haha.

Didn’t anthony Johnson get one overturned?

The eye poke one?
Nope, still a TKO

We've definitely seen some fights that ended with a controversial decision but have any of them been overturned?

I've seen a decision overturned outside the UFC without a failed drug test but I can't recall any happening in the UFC even though there have been plenty of fighters who have said they would file a petition with the governing body.

really the only fight I think that got overturned was the tonya fight with invicta

Sometimes, they aren't even overturned with a failed test (see Lesnar v Overeem).
Overeem didn't fail a test for that fight. He failed right after when he was scheduled to fight JDS at 146. He was removed and replaced by Mir.

Diaz 2,3 & 5, Condit didn't deserve to win

Uhhhh didn't Bigfoot and Hunt go from
A draw to a N/C because of Bigfoots levels

Sanchez vs Pearson should be

Dude didn't win a single round and a judge gave him all 3... What the fuck

Give Kampmann and Gomi their Diego wins too while they're at it

Sanchez vs Pearson should be

Dude didn't win a single round and a judge gave him all 3... What the fuck

Give Kampmann and Gomi their Diego wins too while they're at it
When Diego gets hit repeatedly in the head he starts running forward and making scary faces. Somehow this tricks the judges.

Back