Minakov: Volkov lost three rounds, but he waited his moment

dfoster

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Article translated from Russian by Google:
https://www.championat.com/boxing/n...i-raunda-no-on-dozhdalsja-svoego-momenta.html

The mixed martial arts wrestler Vitaly Minakov commented on the victory of Alexander Volkov over Fabrice Verdum at the UFC Fight Night 127 tournament , admitting that he did not expect an early victory for the compatriot.

"I can not say that I expected a knockout. It was difficult to objectively assess who has more chances. We all know Werdum and we know what he is capable of, how high his level of struggle is in the orchestra. Alexander is now on a good ascent. It was interesting to watch this fight. It was difficult to predict what will end, which turned out. Three rounds, Sasha lost, but it was clear that Werdum has no clear plan for the fight. This was noticeable in his actions. In the parterre, he translated and did nothing, he lost in the rack. Sasha waited for his moment, he is a very patient guy.

By the way, this is not the first fight, in which he loses most of the battle. When the opponent sits down, Sasha starts to dominate and ends the fight ahead of time. There was a very good uppercut, and not one. He was several times able to hit precisely this blow, so it was clear that they could also end the fight.

I do not feel strong emotions especially when watching fights, only when my brother acts. I was rooting for Sasha, but the viewing took place with a certain amount of calm. In the transfer of the fight to the ground floor from Werdum, I did not see anything special. He's good at that. From Sasha, I expected a good fight in the rack. Everyone who knows Alexander and understands the MMA, waited for the late rounds.

To understand who is the best in the heavyweight, you need to organize some kind of tournament for Russian heavyweights. If you want to reveal the best heavyweight of Russia. The fact that today Volkov is in the top 8, and now will be in the top 5 or top 3, this indicates that he is one of the best in the world.

Can the UFC give Volkov a title fight after this victory? Maybe give, and maybe even one more test. We need to wait for the reaction of the leadership of the organization. We know, in the history of promotion there were cases when title fights fell out to people who just got into the top ten. In the story with Habib, I can say that people have long won the right to fight for the title, but they do not give him. We'll wait for the reaction, we'll see. I think that in heavy weight Sasha has every chance to get a title fight, "Minakov said in an interview with the" Championship "correspondent Irina Belkina.

Alexander is now on a good ascent. It was interesting to watch this fight. It was difficult to predict what will end, which turned out. Three rounds, Sasha lost, but it was clear that Werdum has no clear plan for the fight. This was noticeable in his actions. In the parterre, he translated and did nothing, he lost in the rack. Sasha waited for his moment, he is a very patient guy.

Even he thinks Volkov lost 3 rounds but Werdum didn't capitalize on the ground

By the way, this is not the first fight, in which he loses most of the battle. When the opponent sits down, Sasha starts to dominate and ends the fight ahead of time. There was a very good uppercut, and not one. He was several times able to hit precisely this blow, so it was clear that they could also end the fight.

Volkov tends to to this a lot, loses the early rounds then comes back

I do not feel strong emotions especially when watching fights, only when my brother acts. I was rooting for Sasha, but the viewing took place with a certain amount of calm. In the transfer of the fight to the ground floor from Werdum, I did not see anything special. He's good at that. From Sasha, I expected a good fight in the rack. Everyone who knows Alexander and understands the MMA, waited for the late rounds.

Agreed, Werdum didn't do much.

Can the UFC give Volkov a title fight after this victory? Maybe give, and maybe even one more test. We need to wait for the reaction of the leadership of the organization. We know, in the history of promotion there were cases when title fights fell out to people who just got into the top ten. In the story with Habib, I can say that people have long won the right to fight for the title, but they do not give him. We'll wait for the reaction, we'll see. I think that in heavy weight Sasha has every chance to get a title fight

May be he doesn't have much faith in the UFC's fairness?

20131117074647_827Q3132.JPG

That translation reeks of pidgeon wing fatality!

:rustled:

Translation aside, Minakov destroys his way to the top 5. I dont know if he passes USADA but I wanna see him fight DC/Stipe, Cain and Magomedov (whenever that pointfighting decisionfest HW is back ffs).

if minakov is fighting sergei in russia this summer, ill be watching

hate to see either guy lose but its probably the biggest fight to make over there unless u get aleks in the picture

those damned Russians were/all capable of threatening the UFC HW strap all along for the last five plus years.

More like werdum was completely spent and it was about to be 2-2 going into round 5.

And Volkov was gonna win round 5 and the decision anyway.

My parents always told me they were going to name me Sasha and at the last moment decided on Daniel. As an American I feel very lucky they didn’t choose Sasha, although I’d probably be a UFC fighter from all the involuntary sparring I would have gotten as a boy named Sasha in New Jersey

My parents always told me they were going to name me Sasha and at the last moment decided on Daniel. As an American I feel very lucky they didn’t choose Sasha, although I’d probably be a UFC fighter from all the involuntary sparring I would have gotten as a boy named Sasha in New Jersey
Hey Sasha ain’t bad, like Sasha Cohen

Back