Thank you JBG for Barboza v. Lee

Pain4Pain

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
For some reason I'm more excited to see the future shit talking from Lee leading up to this fight, then to see his confidence disappear once Barboza chops down those legs!

In fact, I predict Barboza by TKO. That chin will not hold up.

May you be right. May you be right.

{<redford}

Barboza is a great fighter, but after his most recent performance, I'm picking the wrestler FTW.

Don't go under estimating no-staph Lee

He can wrestle and that's Barbza's weakness

I'm picking Lee. Poor Barboza gonna get wrestlefucked.

Kevin Lee via Infamous wrestling.

1119012.jpg

Barboza is a great fighter, but after his most recent performance, I'm picking the wrestler FTW.

You cannot use Khabib as a measuring stick to see how another fighter can counter the wrestling of his opponent. Khabib is on another level. Barboza actually IS a tough matchup for a wrestler. Good footwork, good cardio, leg kicks, etc etc.

Remember how he adjusted vs Dariush, he capitalized on the fact that Dariush used a feint jab to then go for the double leg. He did it once too often.

Lol Khabib is not your ordinary wrestler. He actually lasted longer in defending TDs in the first 2 rounds from Khabib than most of his opponents do.

Barboza was able to fend off all TD attempts from both Ferguson and Melendez as well if that helps. He trains with Edgar and Alvarez, two of the most well-rounded wrestlers in LW.

Bonus Stats: He had a 87% TDD rate pre-Khabib.

Last edited:
Great fight. Head says Lee heart says Barboza.

Tough test for Lee, but hopefully he can pass it because I think he brings something new and fresh to the division. The loser of this fight should fight that dude Hernandez who merked Dariush.

<6>

Since when is Lee a Disciple of the JBG? I’ve seen nothing that makes a case for that.

I've never been a believer in Lee hype but if he wins this I'll look at him alot differently.
More hype than talent but not by much and styles make fights.

I favor Barboza in this fight, but Lee has a solid path to victory.

It's a great fight. It's either barboza by ko or lee via sub.

People easily forget Barboza has excellent Takedown defense.
Khabib is just on a different level. Barboza will ruin Lee

Hope Barboza can send him to the back of a long queue, guy is so fake and doesn't have the ability to match his mouth

Im pretty much over Barboza at this point, I would prefer him to not get big fights anymore. He's so talented but every time I start to rally with him he gets beat up in a fashion that looks as if he doesn't even belong.

Back